• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC seriously considers 2 divisions,7/5 split.

Debris

International 12th Man
Who would pay for it? Unless you're willing to throw away a load of money then it would be a "Test match" on a ****ty club ground with club B-grade level players, **** umpires etc.

Pretty sure that's different for Soccer internationals, any decent side has enough money to make a game profitable
You clearly have not see the full range of pitches that football matches are played on (and referees, for that matter). And like any other sport, the countries involved would be expected to pay for it. There might be a natural limiting factor there but it is not that expensive to play a Test match or prepare a decent pitch. If Zimbabwe can do it, pretty sure most countries will be alright. They might have to do without DRS but so does anyone playing India. Elitists need to stop holding their noses in the air and sneering at lesser countries for not playing "real" test matches.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
A cricket brand split, with Shane McMahon running the first division and Stephanie McMahon running the second division.

Shane has the first division because it has India, Eng and Aus - i.e. "here comes the moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A cricket brand split, with Shane McMahon running the first division and Stephanie McMahon running the second division.

Shane has the first division because it has India, Eng and Aus - i.e. "here comes the moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"
Steph only just found out about Shane's involvement though and her husband runs the associates

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Triple H also returned to the first XI and has taken back the captaincy. Also refuses to bat anywhere but 4.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Triple H also returned to the first XI and has taken back the captaincy. Also refuses to be anywhere but 4.
And uses a sledgehammer instead of a bat. But still hits every bitch for six. Dance for me.

watson

Banned
Hopefully a significant portion of the money generated will go towards the teams being promoted as an incentive and as a leg-up. Otherwise, there will be a predictable revolving door - whoever gets promoted will most likely be demoted straight away. That's boring.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be so good not to have to play these lesser nations. Hopefully they bring this in after India plays three consecutive away series and is rightly ranked sixth.

Burgey

On the precipice and staring at a trip to division two. They'd be the Leeds United of cricket. God it would be good.

Seriously reckon if I was an international cricketer (lol I know) I'd retire if I had to tour India. Just have absolutely no desire to ever go there.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
If Malta and the Democratic Republic of the Congo wanted to play each other in a five day game could they not just do it as a First Class game (it wouldn't even have to be that theoretically)? Comparing it to football internationals is a bit disingenuous as no one considers random internationals the top level of football. The top level is the World Cup, continental competitions and top flight domestic divisions, all of which place restrictions on who can participate in them based on results.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
On the precipice and staring at a trip to division two. They'd be the Leeds United of cricket. God it would be good.

Seriously reckon if I was an international cricketer (lol I know) I'd retire if I had to tour India. Just have absolutely no desire to ever go there.
The worst parts of India are still better than Western Sydney if we're being honest here.

Burgey

There are indeed a number of parts of western Sydney which one could rightly describe as **** holes. I'm not saying India is bad, I'm just saying I have no desire to go there. I have no desire to visit Tierra del Fuego either, but lots of people do.

Last edited:

Burgey

I've seen the First Exotic Marigold Hotel, and wherever that is looks quite pleasant. I just don't know why you'd want to retire to some place where galloping dysentery is a risk if you clean your teeth with tap water.

cnerd123

likes this
What baffles me is this sports snobbery where Test cricket is some "special" format of sport. The uniqueness is not in the format or who is allowed to play but in the game itself. I would love to see a Test match between Malta and the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
Yup. I dont like this preciousness around Test cricket, or International cricket in general. Lets just do what Rugby does and call them all Tests, give them separate Tiers, and the knowledgeable fans can distinguish the difference between a guy averaging 50 playing against the Top 8 nations and a guy averaging 50 against Congo and Gibraltar.

Burgey

I'm actually not. I'm just saying I have no desire to travel to India. Nor Texas, Atlanta, Topeka, Oodnadatta or Kalgoorlie for that matter.

I wouldn't mind going to the Himalaya, having said that. Maybe through Tibet, I dunno. I've seen the Andes, and they're pretty big hills. Something about big mountains that's compelling.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm actually not. I'm just saying I have no desire to travel to India. Nor Texas, Atlanta, Topeka, Oodnadatta or Kalgoorlie for that matter.

I wouldn't mind going to the Himalaya, having said that. Maybe through Tibet, I dunno. I've seen the Andes, and they're pretty big hills. Something about big mountains that's compelling.
Ok

watson

Banned
Would dearly love to visit India but I've had bacterial, viral, and parasitic gastroenteritis during my various travels and none of them was pleasent. In fact I dearly wished for death at the time with the viral one.

When India discovers basic sanitation and hygiene so that my intestines don't explode then I would consider watching a game at Eden Gardens and seeing some of that magnificent scenery.