• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Operation FITBOBEU

cnerd123

likes this
Yea I'm hoping they place more emphasis on how we went about the practical assesment and less on how we do on tonight's exam

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
*****;3654380 This sounds like a local playing conditions issue; since the Laws aren't set out with 2 day games with a week interval in between in mind. The umpires duties under Law 3 are simply to ensure conditions are fit for play. The use of covers is the duty of the grounds staff under Law 11. The actual playing surface itself is not to be covered overnight said:
You are absolutely correct

Umpires simply considered whether conditions were fit for play

We won by an innings and 200+ btw :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
I passed!

Only 7 out of the 18 people enrolled passed. Guys who already umpire frequently failed. And I'm the youngest one to have passed.

I havent even umpired a full game before; and I might be officiating a HK Premier League game (the highest possible level of HK cricket) this Sunday.

Get in.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I passed!

Only 7 out of the 18 people enrolled passed. Guys who already umpire frequently failed. And I'm the youngest one to have passed.

I havent even umpired a full game before; and I might be officiating a HK Premier League game (the highest possible level of HK cricket) this Sunday.

Get in.
Great congratulations man

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats, call out a couple of guys for chucking to make sure you're remembered :)

cnerd123

likes this
I'm looking forward to sawing off an international batsman tbh. Got an inside edge to a ball pitching outside leg stump? Sorry mate, you're out LBW.

cnerd123

likes this
Yesssssss love this thread, mainly because I have literally just started the ACU&S (HK) Level 1 umpiring course myself.

Clearly not the same level as an ECB-approved course, mind. The best I can hope for is getting paid to watch Hong Kong's Premier League cricket. Which is why I shall instead live vicariously through Howe and his progress.

Do not let me down please.
Progress Update: Have notched up two seasons of umpiring Saturday, Sunday, Womens, Junior and even Premier League cricket (as reserve umpire) in HK. Have also locked down the ICC Level 1 course, fingers crossed I get a crack at the Level 2 sooner than later.

Any more budding umpires trying to climb up the ranks on CW?

Burgey

Going to hijack this thread.

I've got a Practical Assessment this Sunday, followed by a written exam next Tuesday. 50 MCQ questions, need to get 40 right to pass.

Please quiz me. I need to practice. All tips and suggestions welcome too.
You literally asked for it.

Do not be such a ****.

cnerd123

likes this
You literally asked for it.

Do not be such a ****.
Good advice. BFP's advice was good too.

Personally I feel as an umpire you just stay out of the game as much as possible really. You're not part of the show. You aren't the one with anything on the line. Let the players play. Know the laws and playing conditions, observe everything closely, and just stay quiet until an appeal goes up or something occurs that requires your intervention.

It really is just watching the cricket very closely from the best seat in the house, and being super anal with ball count and time keeping and such. And being nice and friendly :)

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Good advice. BFP's advice was good too.

Personally I feel as an umpire you just stay out of the game as much as possible really. You're not part of the show. You aren't the one with anything on the line. Let the players play. Know the laws and playing conditions, observe everything closely, and just stay quiet until an appeal goes up or something occurs that requires your intervention.

It really is just watching the cricket very closely from the best seat in the house, and being super anal with ball count and time keeping and such. And being nice and friendly :)
You'd suck at being a rugby league ref

cnerd123

likes this
Who the **** cares about Rugby League anyways

This is CricketWeb, not SweatyMuscleBoundDudesFightEachOtherForABallWeb

cnerd123

likes this
cards on the table idek know what you mean when you say that, and your advice isn't important enough for me to google it and figure it out

TheJediBrah

Who the **** cares about Rugby League anyways

This is CricketWeb, not SweatyMuscleBoundDudesFightEachOtherForABallWeb
How dare you talk down on a sport that can give a New York Home-Invading Child-assaulting unremorseful man a chance to become rich

Mr Miyagi

Banned
How dare you talk down on a sport that can give a New York Home-Invading Child-assaulting unremorseful man a chance to become rich
*****, JediBrah is from the great state of fumbleball. Where you either score 6 or 1, and may drop the balls as often as you like.

It gives failed seam bowlers a chance at a future career when cricket closes its doors.