• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boult and Southee - lack of swing

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
WTF happened to my Boult and Southee can't swing the ball thread? I hate it when people who know nothing about cricket try and hijack threads. **** you all you SOBs.

Now, explain to me why Boult and Southee went from being the best opening pair to being totally rubbish. Explain that **** to me NOW! I demand it!
Best opening pair is stretching it a bit. They were extremely useful and demonstrated great skills both home and away for considerable amount of time. I thought Boult was fantastic in England. Australia is not really known these days to have the most conducive conditions for movement like that, plus they were nursing injuries.

Southee was better in the home series and looked like picking up wickets at various points of the game, but we also have to look at other factors like Australian batting being a little better prepared against that kind of bowling, plus the lack of runs on the board from NZ also made things a tad easier for Australia.

Boult was a bit disappointing and I feel like it's one of those scenarios where major injuries or fitness issues changes a few things about your bowling and you lose certain skills hopefully in the short term. Junaid Khan went through the same thing basically after two major injuries, and he barely swung the ball in all of 2015 and that led to his ouster from the team.

Hopefully they are able to work out what it is and rectify it soon.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
WTF happened to my Boult and Southee can't swing the ball thread? I hate it when people who know nothing about cricket try and hijack threads. **** you all you SOBs.

Now, explain to me why Boult and Southee went from being the best opening pair to being totally rubbish. Explain that **** to me NOW! I demand it!
This is a shamefully bad post.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The secret isn't wholesale change for any bowler that's playing International cricket. It's about working on what they can do BETTER, not changing the very things that are working..

Oddly, people don't have problems 'coaching' batsmen when they have issues, but have trouble coaching bowlers as it is viewed as "changing' them.

Bottom line? Whoever you are it is always worth IMPROVING on what you do. IMO people settle too easily on what they have and the myth that we should 'leave things alone' is partly why there are so few pace bowling coaches in the world.
Tell us more about Atul Sharma.

If you don't have a Google alert for that, you really should.