• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Boult and Southee - lack of swing

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
There used to be a really good book with a green cover from the MCC which detailed all arts of cricket but was really good for spin bowling as it had all of the grips and a series of drills you could undertake to practice indoors and outdoors to work on your spin.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Bet there were too many questions about Atul Sharma.
Yeah, literally this. Whatever your opinion of Pont, I don't think it's difficult to recognise that the endless Atul Sharma jibes would get old very, very quickly.

We also scared off Martin Crowe, ftr

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, literally this. Whatever your opinion of Pont, I don't think it's difficult to recognise that the endless Atul Sharma jibes would get old very, very quickly.

What a bunch of ****s, seriously.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
The ball didn't swing for Southee and Boult AT ALL. I don't know what it is that has caused this problem. Surely injuries could only have played so much of a part but both bowlers have COMPLETELY lost the ability to swing the ball. Without their swing they are well below average bowlers. They've got nothing else going for them and their stats over the recent home and away series reflects this.

91Jmay

International Coach

Hold on, can someone link me to this thread?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look at this smug ****. You should hang your heads in shame.
Nah, it's a cynical smile. After years of repeatedly hearing about us supposedly bullying him & scaring him away when in reality it was simply the fact that a few of us were doubting it was really him, one can only smile cynically.

IIRC the final straw was a comment something along the lines of "There's no way that's him, his grammar wouldn't be that bad" or something to that effect. I think Smudge may have asked him something about a racehorse that only he and a few others would know from memory.

Flem274*

123/5
The "you can't be him because we all know crowe likes wine more than beer" in response to crowe extending an olive branch to stevenz was gold

Nothing beats james' reaction in the mod forum though

jonbrooks

International Debutant
WTF happened to my Boult and Southee can't swing the ball thread? I hate it when people who know nothing about cricket try and hijack threads. **** you all you SOBs.

Now, explain to me why Boult and Southee went from being the best opening pair to being totally rubbish. Explain that **** to me NOW! I demand it!

Gob

International Coach
WTF happened to my Boult and Southee can't swing the ball thread? I hate it when people who know nothing about cricket try and hijack threads. **** you all you SOBs.

Now, explain to me why Boult and Southee went from being the best opening pair to being totally rubbish. Explain that **** to me NOW! I demand it!
Dunno why but whenever I read your name I read it as jonboobs

Groundking

International Debutant

Because they never were?