• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheep Draft version 6.0

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
For Ques 3, we can pick any bowler who was involved for any particular cricketer's highest test score? Or is it that any bowler who was involved whenever the highest ever test score was broken every time?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
For Ques 3, we can pick any bowler who was involved for any particular cricketer's highest test score? Or is it that any bowler who was involved whenever the highest ever test score was broken every time?
I was really happy with this question and thought it was clear. Its your second choice but ill explain again.

So in Test cricket holding the highest ever test score is a big thing. Over the years the highest score has been beaten on around 10 occasions. Each time a new highest score has been made, there are cricketers who bowled in that innings. Pick one of those cricketers who bowled in the innings when a new highest score (all time) was made.

Last edited:

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Yes, I can confirm checking the banned and chosen list is a good idea.

BTW, Schearzie did really well to pick up Malcolm Marshall in round 3, question 1. There were no bad cricketers with 200 Test wickets and 1000 runs.
Thanks, it could have just as easily backfired of course, but I've come up trumps from it!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Question 5: What does "from" mean exactly? Can we claim KP to be "from" South Africa?

indiaholic

International Captain
Sheesh.. Everybody else is asking more questions in this thread than NUUAN. Learn to write essay length questions NUFAN where you define words such as 'from', 'is' and 'Adam Voges'.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sent.

Really hope the "Bradman rule" thing isn't a joke and he's actually banned.
He is not banned. The only Cricketer that was banned before the comp started was Voges. Bradman will be banned soon.

I want to clarify - does question 2 includes ODIs?
No, it doesn't include ODIs, it is a Test draft. This applies to all questions, you can only pick Test players.

hang on, is Bradman banned?
Almost now.

Question 5: What does "from" mean exactly? Can we claim KP to be "from" South Africa?
Yes, you can claim KP is from South Africa, Apologies that this question has not been obvious, I thought it would be a good one. Here is a list of countries someone could be from World Countries List, a list of Countries and Regions in the World :: Liste des Noms de Pays du Monde - Nations Online Project This question is the country the cricketer was born in, not the country that they played Test cricket in.

For question 5 I will allow anyone who has picked a successful player (most likely on the assumption that only a couple countries were options) to pick in 5.2 - of course if they miss out then and in 5.3 they will receive a sheep.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
QUESTION 3.1 - Bowled in the innings that a new HS was made

PASSED
AZH - Cabinet - WW - honest - AndrewB - Fred - Aldo - Shady - Pothas - Morgie - ***** - OS

FAIL
Harsh and Aldo (no pick)
Red Hill Schearzie (Bradman)

Question 4.1 - Runs at a neutral venue

PASSED
Fred - AndrewB

FAIL

AZH - WW - Shady - Pothas - Morgie - OS (McGrath)
Honest - Red Hill - Schearzie (AB de Villiers)
Aldo - Harsh (no pick)
***** - (Ambrose does not meet criteria)
Cabinet - (Ponting already banned)

Question 5.1 - Born in a country that's name is 10 letters or longer - see link above for country names

PASSED
AZH - Cabinet - WW - honest - Fred - Pothas

FAIL
AndrewB - Morgie - OS (Mike Procter)
Red Hill - Shady - Shearzie (Barry Richards)
***** (Bart King, didn't play a Test)
Harsh and Aldo (no pick)

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Banned
D.Bradman, S.Broad, AB.deVilliers, L.Hutton, R.Kanhai, G.McGrath, R.Ponting, M.Procter, B.Richards, G.Sobers, D.Steyn, A.Voges, C.Walcott

Chosen
W.Akram, C.Ambrose, R.Benaud, A.Cook, R.Dravid, A.Flintoff, R.Fredericks, G.Gooch, G.Greenidge, R.Hadlee, D.Haynes, J.Kallis, I.Khan, A.Kumble, J.Langer, R.Lindwall, M.Marshall, A.Morris, M.Muralitharan, A.Qadir, P.Richardson K.Sangakkara, V.Sehwag, S.Smith, D.Vettori, S.Warne, K.Williamson, W.Younis

- Remember only Test players and the questions are related to Test Cricket.
- The countries link has been provided (english name only), if you feel as though you want to make a second attempt for the country question, go for it.

Last edited:

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Sent the second attempts, a bit disappointed to not receive a single warning before the deadline. I knew it was today and was just finalizing the last pick, could have done with an alert. Anyway.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sent the second attempts, a bit disappointed to not receive a single warning before the deadline. I knew it was today and was just finalizing the last pick, could have done with an alert. Anyway.
I said within 22 hours but can understand how an alert would be helpful.

I'll make it clear now that I wont post results until after 7:30pm Sydney time tomorrow. That's just 21 hours and 50 minutes away.