• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Voges average watch

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I'd be amused if he retired after this game - would think most Australians will be apoplectic with rage if he does, and accuse him of sacrilege and blasphemy
Be ideal if he was n/o in this inning and then made something n/o in the second and then retired with an average over 100 after 20 innings.

On the other hand if he plays this entire series against Mark Craig and Trent Boult he might be able to push his average to 150.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be amused if he retired after this game - would think most Australians will be apoplectic with rage if he does, and accuse him of sacrilege and blasphemy
Most Australians wouldn't have a clue what the words sacrilege and blasphemy mean. They'd probably run with 'you ****, Sir Don is grouser than you' or similar

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ha. Someone needs to do a career average list adjusted to factor in Sachin Fan Pressure. Voges yet to have his effigy burnt - that must take off at least 30 runs.
Huh?

edit: referring to Sachin? iirc his average is slightly less than 100
Hahahah I thought the OS post referred to Sachin too.
****'s sake, people. Just because I'm indian, it doesn't mean I'll drag Sachin into a Bradman debate. I take great offence to the assumption that every indian is a dumb Sachin fanatic.

Debris

International 12th Man
Meh, we already know that Stuart Law is the rightful holder of the best batting average.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Wow, 97.46 after 19 innings.

Just for trivia, Bradman holds the record for the highest ave after 19 innings with 102.56 (he holds record for best ave after innings 15 to 80)

So Voges now has a shot at breaking a Bradman record that has stood since 1931

20 innings - Bradman 99.42 - Voges needs 26* or 125 in next innings
21 innings - Bradman 94.45 - Voges needs 150 runs in next 2 innings (or only 56 runs if one innings no)

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Don't mind Andy but i really hope that average would start to go down soon for the sake of Bradman

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Don't mind Andy but i really hope that average would start to go down soon for the sake of Bradman
People keep saying stuff like this but if he keeps scoring like he is at the moment he can pass Bradman for all I care. He's made two double centuries in his last 3 test innings. If he keeps that up (which he won't) he'll deserve it. In reality, things will even themselves out.

I was just looking at his FC record, and since the start of the 2014/15 shield season he has 3444 runs @ 82.00 with 13 100s, from 35 games. Pretty amazing.

Gob

International Coach
People keep saying stuff like this but if he keeps scoring like he is at the moment he can pass Bradman for all I care. He's made two double centuries in his last 3 test innings. If he keeps that up (which he won't) he'll deserve it. In reality, things will even themselves out.

I was just looking at his FC record, and since the start of the 2014/15 shield season he has 3444 runs @ 82.00 with 13 100s, from 35 games. Pretty amazing.
Voges is a good player no doubt but his average atm is an anomaly. Only thing that will happen with this Voges run is that it will provide fuel for bunch of key board warriors to down grade Bradman.

turnstyle

State 12th Man
Voges is a good player no doubt but his average atm is an anomaly. Only thing that will happen with this Voges run is that it will provide fuel for bunch of key board warriors to down grade Bradman.
Or anyone with half a brain will now know just how bloody diffi**** it is to average that much for 20 years.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I've literally not seen a single person "down grading Bradman" based on the achievements of Adam Voges, and can't imagine anyone doing it. What would the argument be? It's not hard to average 100, as evidenced by one person doing it for a one year period?