• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Game

cnerd123

likes this
Love how many defensive batsmen we have on here!
I think it's because aggressive batsmen tend to be more extroverted and outgoing, always out and about looking for a good time, whereas defensive batsmen who value their wicket are more introspective and think more about their game and cricket in general. The latter group are a lot more likely to visit forums to talk about cricket while the former are out gallivanting and having a good time.

#HurricaneThoughts

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
batting style: boring
batting order: wherever no one else wants to bat (opener usually)
favourite shot(s): i love a good straight drive, but i was only ever good enough to block or unintentionally edge to third man
bowling style: right arm pies of various varieties
bowling order: to be avoided unless trolling, so in other words i got far more overs than i was worth
general overview: terrible, but shows up for practices and games
will fit right into hamilton club cricket

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
batting style: RHB
batting order: 2
favourite shot(s): Front Foot Defence
bowling style: Occasional Off Spin
bowling order: Usually get a couple overs to see how its coming out and a couple more if its going OK
general overview: Completely dour opener; the one season I got the scorers to keep track of balls faced versus runs scored I had a strike rate of around 34 in the 2Dayers. I enjoy bowling but never had any natural talent for it. Claim to fame was getting four wickets in four balls. Three caught out on the boundary, the other a full toss that the batter ran past and it hit mid way up leg stump

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Batting Style: Right Handed
Batting Order: 10 or 11
Favourite shot: Straight drive back past/over the bowlers head.
Bowling Style: Leg Spin or Medium
Bowling Order: Anywhere from opening to 'did not bowl'. Usually 5 to 7
General overview: Completely rubbish batsman against anything above very medium pace, by 5th grade standards. Can play off spin well with good foot movement, but rubbish against anything going away. I used to be able to open but that was years ago, now hopeless and generally posses three shots, the drive, the pull and the reflexive late cut (never done voluntarily, somehow).
Used to bowl medium or 'fast' in junior but switched to leg spin to get a bowl in club matches. Bowl too many full tosses and somehow avoid a good length with any bowling style. Can nail medium paced yorkers though, but that's all I got.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
Batting Style: RHB
Batting Order: In 5th grade, anywhere (but usually below 6)
Favourite Shot: Forward Defence; for scoring, pull
Bowling Style: Medium
Bowling Order: 8th or more
General Overview: Can stay in for a very long time standing outside the crease and pressing forward to every ball. Find it difficult to score as bat is too heavy and I am too likely to spoon a catch when driving. I can score using the pull (to full tosses and long-hops off slow-medium bowlers) and edging the ball to either side. Occasionally, I can nudge one through a fielder forward of the wicket. My net form, however, is brilliant with many attacking strokes and back foot drives.
Bowl medium pace with a poor imitation of Graham McKenzie's bowling action (which creates looping full tosses in a match situation). Can also bowl off-spin and leg-spin, but these services are unlikely to be required.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Batting Style: RHB
Batting Order: In 5th grade, anywhere (but usually below 6)
Favourite Shot: Forward Defence; for scoring, pull
Bowling Style: Medium
Bowling Order: 8th or more
General Overview: Can stay in for a very long time standing outside the crease and pressing forward to every ball. Find it difficult to score as bat is too heavy and I am too likely to spoon a catch when driving. I can score using the pull (to full tosses and long-hops off slow-medium bowlers) and edging the ball to either side. Occasionally, I can nudge one through a fielder forward of the wicket. My net form, however, is brilliant with many attacking strokes and back foot drives.
Bowl medium pace with a poor imitation of Graham McKenzie's bowling action (which creates looping full tosses in a match situation). Can also bowl off-spin and leg-spin, but these services are unlikely to be required.
Welcome to the forum.