• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Game

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
RHB
Opener
lofted straight drive, cut shot
Right arm medium nonsense, fair bit of swing if given the new ball (aka never)
wicket keeper
would be handy in a game where run rate isn't a concern. T20 cricket is just the worst.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
RHB
Top 3 is my home
On-drive, cover drive, anything but a leg glance.

Right arm slingy cutters
First change - pointless giving me the new ball.

Can bat a bit, can bowl a bit, can field better than either. Anywhere from keeper round to extra cover is my spot.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Batting Style: Left Hand, Defensive
Batting Order: Opener (don't ****ing bat me anywhere else)
Favourite Shot(s): Forward defence, backward defence, lofted leg glance, glance behind square for one, late cut. Hilariously inept dismissals after doing all the hard work.
Bowling Style: Right arm whatever (inswing, dart offies, bouncy leggies)
Bowling Order: Inexplicably opening, usually DNB.
General Overview: Lacking the bowling accuracy to keep it tight, lacking the pace to be a genuine threat against decent batsmen, but holy **** when I swing it, it goes. Leggies bounce a lot but rarely turn; if I try to turn an offie it usually goes the wrong way. Probably best to stick me with the gloves and be done with it, especially given I 'keep up to the stumps to nearly everything and it freaks park batsmen out. Batting-wise, build around me and let me Boycott my way through the innings. It may seem selfish, but when your team is 5/8 someone batting time can be handy. I'm usually smart enough to get myself out before the slog overs if we've got wickets in hand.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
RHB
Top 3 is my home
On-drive, cover drive, anything but a leg glance.

Right arm slingy cutters
First change - pointless giving me the new ball.

Can bat a bit, can bowl a bit, can field better than either. Anywhere from keeper round to extra cover is my spot.
Can confirm the bolded. Bowling leggies on a leg stump line for bat pad catches ftw.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
batting style: Moderate - SR around 50 - 60 or 70 on a good day.
batting order: 3 or 4
favourite shot(s): Anything that goes for six are the ones I remember and remind others about at the end of the season.
bowling style: Right arm medium bull****
bowling order: partnership breaker
general overview: Top order batsman - used to take cricket very very seriously as a teenager. Have played some good level club cricket (but not 1st grade).
I used to be a stodgy slow batsman but finished up by batting quite quickly in my career.

cnerd123

likes this
batting style: Moderate - SR around 50 - 60 or 70 on a good day.
batting order: 3 or 4
favourite shot(s): Anything that goes for six are the ones I remember and remind others about at the end of the season.
bowling style: Right arm medium bull****
bowling order: partnership breaker
general overview: Top order batsman - used to take cricket very very seriously as a teenager. Have played some good level club cricket (but not 1st grade).
I used to be a stodgy slow batsman but finished up by batting quite quickly in my career.
Did people used to stand up and applaud when you scored a century?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
batting style: - Mostly a blocker in the mould of Chris Tavare, although I briefly unearthed the ability to play some back-foot off-side drives. It didn't last long.
batting order: Either opening or part of the tail. There never seemed much point in me batting in the middle order.
favourite shot(s): Forward defence. back foot defence.
bowling style: Slow-medium trundle.
bowling order: Only if the regulars weren't available.
general overview: Something of a non-playing captain. I led most of the sides I played for, whilst barely contributing a thing in the way of runs or wickets.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Batting style: RH
batting order: in the middle somewhere
favourite shot(s): the cut shot, but the best shot I ever hit was when Nathan Reardon lent me his bat and I hit the most pure cover drive
bowling style: Offspin/medium pace
bowling order: generally around the 15th over
general overview: my dad was my team's first coach in juniors way back when and I know he wanted a Greg Chappell in the family. I was never going to be that, but I bowled decent and fielding was strong. Just hit or miss middle order type batsman.
Haven't been able to play since a shoulder injury but have fully recovered and am planning a comeback next summer

Burner

International Regular
Back in the day when I used to play with and against my dad's company team, I used to be the ace bowler. Since we were all numpties, the one who could bowl straight at the stumps had the greatest success and I could do it pretty straightforward. Bowled slow-medium with the run-up of a spinner.

As a batsmen, the last match I played on the streets, I took drop-and-run singles throughout. It's been years since then but for some odd reason everytime I see a match in the TV, I am strongly convinced it would have been easy for me to win the match batting by taking easy singles everyball. How hard could it be?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Batting style: RH
batting order: Usually 6, and always between 4 and 8
favourite shot(s): Pull shot, but my most recent captain thought I had excellent batting technique :p
bowling style: Cant bowl... Did chuck a few leggies at a level where no one cares about bowling actions. Full time wicket keeper and can honestly claim I am pretty decent at it.
bowling order: The times I did bowl, 2nd change.
general overview: A reliable Jonty Rhodes type batsman who can hit a mean pull shot and the odd good drive or cut, but usually never played many dot balls and ran hard between the wickets, till I was playing seriously (which is basically till High school). Recently got back to playing when I was in the US, could not hit the ball hard for the life of me (hate baseball diamonds and the fact that you cant bat if your strong zones are square and backward of square on both sides) but kept very well (I was asked if I can play for the city team coz of just my keeping). Still remember the day when I was talking to my wife (then, my fiancee) on the phone and told her I was gonna bat and will call her back after an hour or two, chipped the first ball straight to midwicket, came back and called her back. The equivalent of Jerry Lawler being a Royal Rumble entry and coming back to commentary in 5 seconds or whatever that was...

Howe_zat

Audio File
batting style: try to hit every ball for six
batting order: opener i think. never actually aware of anyone batting ahead of me. Or the non striker, for that matter. I don't run
favourite shot(s): straight drive over the bowler's head for six. Failing that, straight drive over the bowler's head for four. Have also scored straight drives over the bowler's head for two and if I defend, straight drive past the bowler for one.
bowling style: never bowl
bowling order: never bowl
general overview: Always get annoyed when I get caught out because the ball ricochets off the next ball, which is already being delivered. Or the build up of balls along the floor means I can't push one through for one without adding to the pile.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
batting style: clean bowled
batting order: 12th man
favourite shot(s): play and miss
bowling style: right arm slow/slow chuck
bowling order: declaration
general overview: do you really need one?

weeman27bob

International Regular
batting style: try to hit every ball for six
batting order: opener i think. never actually aware of anyone batting ahead of me. Or the non striker, for that matter. I don't run
favourite shot(s): straight drive over the bowler's head for six. Failing that, straight drive over the bowler's head for four. Have also scored straight drives over the bowler's head for two and if I defend, straight drive past the bowler for one.
bowling style: never bowl
bowling order: never bowl
general overview: Always get annoyed when I get caught out because the ball ricochets off the next ball, which is already being delivered. Or the build up of balls along the floor means I can't push one through for one without adding to the pile.
Underrated post.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Batting style: whatever suits the situation. prefer supporting an established batsman and rotating the strike to slogging. Sharp runner. Technique modelled on Vettori.
Batting order: 8/9
Favourite shots: drive, scoop, sweep, cut, dab to third man
Bowling style: Left arm slinger. Get pumped when the ball isn't swinging because my natural length is a half-volley.
Bowling order: Opening/first change
Overview: Quick across the turf, solid arm. Tend to waste time on flashy despairing dives.

Chubb

International Regular
Batting style: Left handed, very defensive, front on, shuffling, crabby
Batting order: Opener or 3-4
Favourite shot(s): Leave, clip off legs for 1, forward defense
Bowling style: Off cutters, vary pace and angle
Bowling order: Rare. More often keep wicket.
General overview: I get sledged a lot for being boring. If you want someone to bat for a long time against 4th-social grade bowling I can do a job, but don't expect anything graceful.

Love how many defensive batsmen we have on here!

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
RH Opening bat, rather defensive, not particularly good but I'll tough it out.
Cut Shot, pretty much my only shot
Right arm orthodox offspin, troll wickets.

I am an exceptional fielder if I do say so myself. Can fill in keeping when required and pretty decent at that too.

I also think I come across as a massive wanker to the opposition, because my attempts at humour in the field seem to get taken the wrong way.

Last edited: