• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DRS question

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Flametree's onto it.

It's possible, under the current laws, for the umpire to be 100% satisfied that it's out but the verdict will be not out, essentially because of a technicality.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Erm, it's down in the books as a win for England? Rightly so seeing as they actually were wanting to play.
Didn't the ICC reverse the decision later and make it a draw due to pressure from the pcb?

Edit: OK, I looked it up. The ICC then reversed it's decision again in 2009 and awarded the match to England. What a shambles. Atleast they got it right eventually.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The reason for umpires call is because ball tracking is not 100% accurate.
There shouldn't be an umpires call for when we're judging whether or not a batsman has been hit in line. We're tracking a known event (ball hitting the pad), not extrapolating a hypothetical (what would have happened had the pad not gotten in the way), and in line or not in line is a question with a yes or no answer. Quite why it exists is a mystery to me.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There shouldn't be an umpires call for when we're judging whether or not a batsman has been hit in line. We're tracking a known event (ball hitting the pad), not extrapolating a hypothetical (what would have happened had the pad not gotten in the way), and in line or not in line is a question with a yes or no answer. Quite why it exists is a mystery to me.
false. Point of ball hitting the pad is still subject to human error.

Man it amazes me how Australians still seam to have all the sand from Sydney's beaches in their vags when it comes to that match. You guys won the match ffs. The result of the game wasn't changed or anything.

Poor England don't complain nearly as much as they should that Oval 06 was retroactively turned into a draw.
funny, for every time I've heard an Australian "complain" about that game (very rarely) there's been about 53953242 Indians complain about it

Last edited: