• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

County Championship Uncertainty

rg6265

Cricket Spectator
Are you a cricket fan? Your opinion is needed!

Please read the information below and if you want to help me and give your thoughts then please click on the link below. It will only take 5 minutes.

https://docs.google.com/a/student.l...WHh4T1MjIfeEPskwlDVkbNX0HRk0aAjH2vYQ/viewform

You are being asked to take part in research which will measure your support levels for your team, reasons for attending live home matches and what effects your decisions for attending. This research is targeted towards any fan of a cricket club currently playing in the the County Championship, who is aged 18 and above and has attended at least one game last season (2015). It will be submitted as part of my undergraduate dissertation at Leeds Beckett University.

All the information you provide will be treated in confidence. This means that your name will not be used at any time and your information will be used solely for the research or teaching purposes of the university. Once the project is finished the data will be handed over securely and disposed of in accordance with the University guidelines. You can withdraw at any time by noting the unique number provided and emailing the researcher along with your team supported and your data will be deleted immediately with no questions asked. The University guidelines can be found online at;

Research Ethics

If you need any further information or have any questions regarding the study please don’t hesitate to contact either the researcher or the director of studies by the following email addresses.

Researcher: Ruari Grigg – R.grigg6955@student.leedsbeckett.ac.uk
Director of Studies: Alex Bond – A.J.Bond@leedsbeckett.ac.uk

By agreeing to participate you are confirming;

I have read and understood the Information Sheet for the study and understand what is expected of me.

I understood that my participation is completely voluntary and I have the right to withdraw from the study at any point and all my data will be destroyed.

I am aged 18 or over.

I have been given contact details to ask questions regarding the study, and if asked, my questions were answered fully

I understand that taking part in this study will be done so anonymously and the findings will be published in a thesis and could possibly be published in academic journals, presented at conferences and industry reports.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Completed.

The section about why do we want to watch cricket in the stadium is repeated.

The questions that assumed 'excitement' as the measurement for success I found odd. Most of the time the cricket season is intriguing rather than exciting, which I find just as valuable. So I just subbed in 'interest' most of time while answering.

I liked the question about 'I want a distraction from everyday life.'

Don't we all. Don't we all.