• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Knitting

neville cardus

International Debutant
Anyone have any pointers on this dark art? I've never attempted it before, but I'm looking to create an MCC-coloured beanie* for a festival match I'll be playing next weekend. I'm going as WG.

Additionally, I'd welcome any and all advice on getting into character. I've mastered the stance, and am making steady progress on the great man's mankadding technique; I've also purchased oceans of champagne and a week's worth of lessons at my mother's yoga class. (Otherwise, in patting down the wicket, I'd be chancing a back sprain.) But my Bristol dialect needs a lot of work. It's only marginally more convincing than my tries at Scouse.

* I'd go for an orthodox cricket cap, but that would entail sewing, which by all accounts is even more difficult.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without wishing to be accused of being guilty of stereotyping I'll make the pragmatic suggestion that you approach the most mature female relatives you have, although having said that the only time I ever met sledger he was wearing a very odd looking woollen item, so he may have the skills

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Without wishing to be accused of being guilty of stereotyping I'll make the pragmatic suggestion that you approach the most mature female relatives you have, although having said that the only time I ever met sledger he was wearing a very odd looking woollen item, so he may have the skills
Haha, was it the red one?

neville cardus

International Debutant
Was more interested in your getting-into-character advice, to be honest. ;-)

But I see I have a white beanie in my cupboard. Shouldn't be hard to dye, should it? Sledger...?

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Actually, I'm pretty sure I was wearing a tie that day. Are you sure you are remembering correctly?

chasingthedon

International Regular
Rodney, for the Bristol accent you need to remember to add an "L" on the end of any word ending in "a" - so e.g. Krejza becomes Krejzal.

cnerd123

likes this
Why am I not surprised that the first CC thread I see vogue posting in has:
- nothing to do with cricket
- sledger posting in it

ITSTL