• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in India 2016

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Man our batsmen have been given a real kick up their backsides here. Its great that SL have unearthed a couple of good ones and Chameera was always promising to be a gem, even when he played in those tests, but there is also an element of "we have beaten Aus in Aus, what can these guys do" about our batting today. Plus of course, a few of our guys are proper T20 players, in that they cant handle any movement off the straight.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done Sri Lanka! Beating our full-strength team with such an inexperienced outfit.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Just finished watching the game and very surprised and pleased with our win. I was much more pressed wth the fact that our young quicks actually bullied the Indian batsmen ( which is not an easy thing to do). Most of us SL fans knew abut Chameera's ability and he is growing in experience, that bouncer at Yuvi @ 149k's is not something we SL fans are used to)..just hope he doesn't break in half...
Hugely surprised by Rajitha - haven't heard much about him before, but he bowled in good areas with good pace too. Also Shanaka bowled well and seems to know his game fairly well.
I still don't see what Kapugedara has done to get back in the team and even today I saw two good shots and a lot of luck( I Would rather Priyanjan play in his spot? For mine, Prasanna needs to improve his shot selection as he has often got out in the past by just trying to blast the ball constantly. Finally, another composed innings from Siriwardena to guide us in the middle order.
I know I shouldn't think too far ahead but am looking forward to the series here in England with our bowling line up made up of Prasad, Chameera, Pradeep , Eranga and Rajitha ( yes I know it's only one game!)
@ Viriya - Angie is still recovering from the groin strain he picked up a few months ago apparently..
P.s GREAT to see Yuvi back on the field again after his illness, such a good player and seems a decent guy too

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am pretty sure many are very keen to play in this series though BW... We just got walloped by a side that was miles better on the given day.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am pretty sure many are very keen to play in this series though BW... We just got walloped by a side that was miles better on the given day.
I am sure they are and not saying they are deliberately underperforming nor taking any credit away from Sri Lanka. Actually on second reading I can see how that might be perceived so my apologies to Sri Lanka fans. Excellent bowling to reduce this side to 100 runs

What I was saying is that I have noticed over the years that whenever India has a short LO series in between two major series or after a major series, they don't perform at their best and end up losing.

India vs Pakistan 2013 ODI series in between the India-England and India-Australia series

India vs Bangladesh 2015 series after the World Cup

And now this series right before the WorldT20.

This is not to take any credit away from the opposition. Just an observation.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rohit can look so much better than Rahane in LOs. Rahane plays too many flat bat shots.