• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Player??

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
If you could take one player from another country to put in your countries side who would it be and why???

Choora

State Regular
Akhter to India!

If Akhter comes into Indian team, believe me the opponents would start having nightmares.

masterblaster

International Captain
Shoaib Akhtar to India definitely. He is all we need really to become a huge threat in world cricket.

We have one of the best batting lineups, good spinners and good support bowlers in Zaheer Khan, Ajit Agarkar, Harbhajan Singh and Anil Kumble. All we need is a Shoaib Akhtar type bowler.

His ferocity, his attitude, his aggressive nature is all we need as well as his SHEER speed.

deeps

International 12th Man
halsey said:
Shane Warne to England.

Then we would have a decent wristie.
and u might be able to win the ashes! considering the aussies won't have the "england batting lineup wrecker"

nibbs

International Captain
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Probably Adam Gilchrist. He can keep and bat very well. Some I reckon NZ needs...

iamdavid

International Debutant
Jaques Kallis to Australia - would help the balance of the team no end , slotting in at number 5 in the test side & 4 in ODI's + bowling first change , would also solve a problem in the slips.

Adam Gilchrist to New Zealand - would again help the balance no end , they've been searching for a reliable keeper since Parore retired & Gilchrists batting would help the side alot , I guess he'd bat at 5/6 in tests & open in ODI's.

Shaun Pollock to the West Indies - the West Indies poorest bowling attack for 50 years (at least!) would be helped no end by the introduction of the super reliable Pollock , he's bring a measure of control & consistency to the attack & give the younger quicks someone to look up to.
Would also add alot of depth with the bat & in the feild.

Brian Lara to Bangaladesh - with their current mob the Bengalis could do with a player who has the ability to virtually win matches on his own.....and is used to doing so.
Lara fits the bills perfectly.

McGrath/Gillespie to England - the inexperienced English attack needs a senior figure to bowl around , someone who can be counted upon to perform with more control & consistency than the younger charges , with Gough & Caddick gone.....likely forever ....either of these two Aussie spearheads would do the job.

Murali to South Africa - all thats needed is a reliable spinner & South Africa will be in posesion of the best attack in world cricket (at least while the Aussies are injury plagued ;) ) - Pollock , Ntini , Nel & Murali....with Kallis as backup would be superb.

Shoaib Akhtar to Sri Lanka - would turn the Lankan attack from two world class performers & two pie chuckers into a top unit , imagine having Murali at one end & rotating Vaas & Shoaib from the other!!

iamdavid

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
So Zimbabwe and India are complete as is?
Nah I just have a game tomorrow at 8am & couldnt be stuffed writing who they could use....:yawn:

But I'd say-

Ricky Ponting to Zimbabwe - since Andy Flower retired they've been lacking a senior figure in the middle/upper order , someone to build the innings around.
Ponting would also help the feilding & team think-tank.

Makhaya Ntini to India - as previously stated India have a great cast of support seamers , yet since Srinath retired they need someone to lead the attack , Ntini's pace & aggresion plus his new-found maturity would suit that role.

a massive zebra

International Captain
Murali to England.

England already have a strong batting lineup and need a bowler with control who can also take wickets. Murali is clearly the best spin bowler in the world at present, if not ever.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are a great number of players who could make any side in The World better.
Not really fair in my estimation to name one of them.

twctopcat

International Regular
Richard said:
There are a great number of players who could make any side in The World better.
Not really fair in my estimation to name one of them.
Fair? In what sense? All this thread is is a light hearted "what if", not even a debate, if that frustrates you just don't bother commenting. People are just giving their opinions, your statement is a bit bland and obvious really.
Some how i don't think the players mentioned are going to take our opinions to heart.

PY

International Coach
Richard said:
Somehow I doubt they're even going to know. :yawn:
Exactly, so what's the problem? :)

I would like to see Pollock for England I think. A senior bowler who could lead the attack while being able to contribute with the bat as well.

Also he is economical in most conditions so he could tie down one end and allow others to be explosive down the other end.