• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket ground size comparison?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I watched what looked like a top edge hook shot from Santner go for 6. When the stats on the distance showed up I was surprised to see the ball had traveled 76m. That would be 6 on just about any ground.

I tried googling for a cricket ground comparison charter where one ground's dimensions would be superimposed upon another to give a graphical size representation. Couldn't find anything.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
use google maps/google earth, it's got a good ruler function which lets you figure out ground sizes anywhere in the world

Howe_zat

Audio File
Also , mucking about with grounds in google maps has led me to find that there exists a restaurant next to the Wankhede in Mumbai named 'Gaylord'

so, there's that

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, I literally just spoke to a guy yesterday who said he lives in Gaylord which is the US.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Lords is smaller than Eden Park square of the wicket according to Google Maps. Isn't the main issue with EP the straight boundaries even when the stands are retracted?

And the oval which is supposed to be MASSIVE is not much bigger square than Eden Park.

The Rose Bowl is the biggest one in Britain i checked

Conclusion. MCG is massive.

Final edit Chester-le-Street is the same size as the Rose Bowl. 150m Diameter bowl seems to be the size for new grounds.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Also , mucking about with grounds in google maps has led me to find that there exists a restaurant next to the Wankhede in Mumbai named 'Gaylord'

so, there's that
Haha ya weird name but they serve good food there. I ate there once years ago.

The area around Wankhede Stadium is among the best areas in Mumbai - I miss Marine Drive, Churchgate and Nariman Point so much!