• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Bond close to comeback

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I read in the paper this morning that there is a chance Bond could play in the tests against South Africa...apparently he bowled in the nets at Dunedin & felt good so here's hoping.

Choora

State Regular
Well its a good news because he's an exciting bowlers who can win matches on his own, not many match winning pacers are there currently in world today.

Interestingly in 70's and 80'ds there used to be atleast 4 match winning pacers in just WI team:O

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Choora said:
Well its a good news because he's an exciting bowlers who can win matches on his own, not many match winning pacers are there currently in world today.

Interestingly in 70's and 80'ds there used to be atleast 4 match winning pacers in just WI team:O
No single bowler can win a match on his own. Nor a batsman.
Bond has yet to show he has anything really in comparison to the like of Holding, Garner, Roberts and Malcolm. The fact that people are comparing him to them after, in essence, one meaningful good series is quite beyond belief.

tooextracool

International Coach
Choora said:

they had like 6-7 match winning bowlers...some of them didnt get the opportunity to play for their national side because the top 4 were just that bit better

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I think you will find that NZ cricket do not bring him back in the tests. He has just started bowling in the nets. Still not even bowling at 80%. And bringing him back so quick into a test(which he would need to take hevey workload) is just stupid. NZ cricket do hhave more sence than that.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
I don't know much about the domestic scene in new zealand but i think it will be beeter for both bond and nz team if they wait till he regains full fitness.

tamara, u said that he is not going to be as fast anymore :( that sucks. i have not seen much of him and i was hoping that i could see what he does. he was devastating in the world cup (only time i seen him)

Rich2001

International Captain
James said:
I would rather leave him for the England series so he can stuff Kent :lol: :D :saint:
Oh Boy! - Your in for a right hinding on MSN for the next 6 hours now!

It's ok because if he does make it onto the field vs us then it's ok as he will be injured by lunch on the first morning anyway :P :lol:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rich2001 said:
It's ok because if he does make it onto the field vs us then it's ok as he will be injured by lunch on the first morning anyway :P :lol:
Is that if NZ bat first? ;)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea i reckon he really should be rested till the england tour.. were he would be a lot more fitter.. its not helpfull gettin him straight into the tests adding pressure on the man when he might not even be 80% fully ready..

anyway i hope for the best and really would like to see him back..anytime!