cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ICC to review 2014 changes

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar

ICC to review 2014 changes

ICC Media ‏@ICCMediaComms 9m9 minutes ago
    ICC Board agrees to re-establish independent position of ICC Chairman and change ToRs of F&CA and ExCo ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup 2016

ICC Media ‏@ICCMediaComms 9m9 minutes ago
    ICC Board agrees to carry out a complete review of the 2014 resolutions and constitutional changes ICC Under 19 Cricket World Cup 2016

A Telegraph article from earlier this week gives a bit of back ground to this

Giles Clarke dealt blow in bid to become ICC chairman - Telegraph
    indiaholic likes this.
    http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blo...cricket-legacy

Brad McNamara ‏@bbuzzmc
    Will say this once and then nothing else. Defamation laws quite clear in Aus.be careful.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    also: SLC lost its membership at some point?

ICC Media ‏@ICCMediaComms 3m3 minutes ago
    SLC membership of the ICC reinstated. It is now entitled to full funding and attendance and voting rights at the Board and Full Council

Yeah IIRC the new BCCI head (I cannot for the life of me remember his name right now. Manosomething?) has said a few things along the lines of this being stuff that needs to be looked at, so I guess this is the result. CA et al are definitely just falling into line in that respect.
    fade, made to fade
    passion's overrated anyway

forever 63*

International Coach
    Hope they spread the funding evenly again, and ring-fence the Future Tour Programme.

Cricket Spectator
    First of all Big three was a terrible idea, and well done Manohar for having gotten rid of it.

Cricket can only work if all members are equal, and in the big three that was definitely not happening.

Hopefully they can now find some structure in the FTP, and make the test rankings fairer, and more meaningful. Like right now India suddenly became #1 without having played a singe test, and can lose the #1 ranking without playing a single game if Aus win the series in NZ.
    YorksLanka likes this.

International Captain indiaholic's Avatar
    Lol **** the rankings. I just want all countries to be financially sustainable enough to play test cricket regularly.
    OverratedSanity and zorax like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    Heh.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    False dawns guys... This Manohar was part of the group who threw out Dalmiya and created IPL etc etc. Lodha commission has kicked BCCI's ass and now these guys are trying to just divert attention with these reforms. Basically anyone who was playing ball with Srinivasan is being hit. The Big 3 came in under his supervision so they are being kicked out.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    I understand that. And I am certainly more cynical about these matters now. I don't have very high expectations from any administration, so given that in mind, what impressed me about Shashank Manohar is that he actually mentioned the term 'conflict of interest' when talking about his roles as head of ICC and head of BCCI. This is something you would never hear from CA, or ECB or Srinivasan for years. They would never even acknowledge it, so it was never part of the conversation.
    "This is a clash of strategy. And of methods, culture and politics. This is a new-era rivalry. Not as ancient as the Ashes, or as passionate as India-Pakistan. Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."- Jarrod Kimber

International Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Fantastic news IMO and about time..Good decision by the current president showing he has a love for the game rather than for his own wallet. The game is bigger than any individual and it cant be held hostage by anyone..
    @spikey - yes we were suspended until after "free" elections took place in tersm of our board - not sure if that was the case but they have happened now so we have been reinstated apparently.
    "Play Hard but play fair..."

International Debutant YorksLanka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    Hope they spread the funding evenly again, and ring-fence the Future Tour Programme.
    yes and no mate, I agree to a certain extent that India/Australia and England should get more as they contribute more. Also I cant speak in terms of other boards struggling finacially but it would also force boards like SL to manage their funds more appropriately and reduce the BS that goes on. I was amazed last time I was in SL and watching a match at the Premadasa at the number of S class Mercs in the board members car park ! I know a couple of domestic level cricketers there and the system is in chaos and they get paid a pittance in comparison..Hopefully our new board will think more about the game than themselves..

fully agree with you about the ring fenced FTP mate..
    91Jmay likes this.

International Coach
    Yeah that is a very good point, hope there can be some type of corporate governance structure put in where an auditor has to sign off on individual boards accounts (same as any other corporation). Think there was something similar revealed in Death of a Gentleman by Jarrod Kimber + Sam Cook (which I'd advise you to watch) about Kenya or Zimbabwe's board doing the same with cars as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Attitude View Post
    First of all Big three was a terrible idea, and well done Manohar for having gotten rid of it.

Cricket can only work if all members are equal, and in the big three that was definitely not happening.

Hopefully they can now find some structure in the FTP, and make the test rankings fairer, and more meaningful. Like right now India suddenly became #1 without having played a singe test, and can lose the #1 ranking without playing a single game if Aus win the series in NZ.
    I must've imagined India thrashing South Africa.
    ​63*

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Come on Lancashire!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Let it be known for the record that the font in the top of the picture noted that Kohli was wearing Jimmy Choo shoes and Happy Socks

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Big Three structure meant a lot of different things and it will be interesting to see which ones change and which ones don't, but what I am most curious about is whether Furball's new found love for India (a post 2014 phenomena) lasts or not from here onwards.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    I understand that. And I am certainly more cynical about these matters now. I don't have very high expectations from any administration, so given that in mind, what impressed me about Shashank Manohar is that he actually mentioned the term 'conflict of interest' when talking about his roles as head of ICC and head of BCCI. This is something you would never hear from CA, or ECB or Srinivasan for years. They would never even acknowledge it, so it was never part of the conversation.

Yeah but he is only using it when it is convenient. Remember he was the President who modified the law to allow Srinivasan to hold CSK and BCCI Office in the first place. As I said, it is just a case being seen to be doing the right things without actually doing anything. Watch them squirm and push off the Lodha recommendations or how Ganguly and his buddies are getting clout to understand that literally nothing has changed with BCCI, except that the president is more media friendly and much less arrogant. Doesn't really mean he is any less of a **** who just wants to make money out of the game though.

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    A caveated yes to the FTP from me. I think there are a number of benefits to allowing scope for the arrangement of seperate bilateral tours outside of the FTP, but greater certainty and long term planning of the touring schedule would be useful.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information