• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A method to determine the world's best batsman across all formats

Attitude

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Your attitude stinks
You are probably an IPL or Bg Bash supporter idolising flat track bullies hitting sixes over school buy boundaries. I don't expect you to know what real cricket is. So Pi$$ Off

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You are probably an IPL or Bg Bash supporter idolising flat track bullies hitting sixes over school buy boundaries. I don't expect you to know what real cricket is. So Pi$$ Off
Fk u kohli is BEST in d t20 and odi ur just jealous

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Not sure if the formula is such a great idea but curious to know how long Tendulkar retained the #1 spot in Tests and ODIs together? I assume he'd hold the record?

If you do have to add Tests+ODIs currently, I guess Steve Smith is a fair #1.

Attitude

With that attitude, your time here will be limited
Be that as it may, I felt that response was totally warranted and justified.

Also I find it funny that the other guy can say Fk U in response to a post, but I am the one with an Attitude if I tell him to Pi$$ off. Well done.

Last edited:

Attitude

Fk u kohli is BEST in d t20 and odi ur just jealous
Kohli is a good player, and a fine ODI batsman. But to say he is the best in the world in T20, is a joke. T20 is not worth the effort of being the best in the world in anything in that format. Next you will tell me I am jealous of Kohli cos he is the best at gully cricket.

Daemon

Be that as it may, I felt that response was totally warranted and justified.

Also I find it funny that the other guy can say Fk U in response to a post, but I am the one what an Attitude if I tell him to Pi$$ off. Well done.
Wen ur d king of the forum like me and hav 1000s of posts the come and talk ok?

Attitude

Wen ur d king of the forum like me and hav 1000s of posts the come and talk ok?
King of the forum - So not only are you highly bigoted, you are also a loser who spends most of his days posting on a forum, and counting it as an achievement. Get a fking life you loser..

Attitude

watch out attitude, daemon is suicide bob champion
Thx for the word, but honestly that meant nothing to me. I don't know who suicide bob champion is or was and I honestly I couldn't care less. The worst they can do is ban me. Plenty of other forums out there.

However I felt it a duty almost as a human being, to tell that loser to stop counting wasting his days posting 1000s of posts on a forum as an achievement, and to get a life.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
However I felt it a duty almost as a human being, to tell that loser to stop counting wasting his days posting 1000s of posts on a forum as an achievement, and to get a life.
"Too cool for the Internet" is a trolling cliche. It stopped being funny about 10 years ago. I've seen much better trolls than you. Come back when you have something original.

Daemon

Thx for the word, but honestly that meant nothing to me. I don't know who suicide bob champion is or was and I honestly I couldn't care less. The worst they can do is ban me. Plenty of other forums out there.

Ok den who u think is greatest cricketer??

Attitude

Ok den who u think is greatest cricketer??
See this is the problem, there is no one guy who definitely owns that mantle.

Well there is Don Bradman sure, and by and large no one really nitpicks around his record, and he is most widely accepted as the greatest.

But if you talk of recent times, then there is no one definitive greatest cricketer. Lara, Tendulkar Ponting Kallis Warne and Murali all have plenty of arguments going for them for that mantle.

Personally I would go for Tendulkar, as he left a great mark in both forms of the game, then there is Lara who for me is the greatest test batsman. Its one of those two for me.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
KW threads are over rated just like KW

Daemon is getting owned by a newbie here. Disgraceful

cpr

International Coach
Hang on, so were saying that the best player is the person with the lowest score (nearest the perfect 6)?

Were also saying each format has a weighting, so by being no 2 in tests you get 2 penalty points * 3 =6, but no 2 in T20 you get 2 penalty points * 1 = 2. Basically you are saying being higher ranked in T20 makes you a better player, and being high ranked in tests is nowhere near as valuable, even as ODIs

Are you actually saying that Test cricket is the vast inferior format when it comes to judging a players prowess?

Have you actually thought through the maths on this before you posted?

Did you actually just...... ........ just..... ....... .......

Gob

International Coach
See this is the problem, there is no one guy who definitely owns that mantle.

Well there is Don Bradman sure, and by and large no one really nitpicks around his record, and he is most widely accepted as the greatest.

But if you talk of recent times, then there is no one definitive great cricketer. Lara, Tendulkar Ponting Kallis Warne and Murali all have plenty of arguments going for them for that mantle.

Personally I would go for Tendulkar, as he left a great mark in both forms of the game, then there is Lara who for me is the greatest test batsman. Its one of those two for me.
sachin NEVER won da big games like Afridi and SCARED of facing Shoaib AKThAR

For me sachin is not gud match winner like king of sixers AFRIDI