• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kieran Powell Major League Baseball

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
Can't believe there hasn't be a discussion on this. I believe he is quite close to signing up for one of the MLB teams. Although I don't think baseball players will transfer well over to longer form of the game, I think a few might adjust quite well to T20 format. I actually think an American team made up of baseball players trained over to cricket will do better in T20s than their actual cricket side do at the moment.

91Jmay

International Coach
Absolutely no chance. Who is going to bowl for them? That is the most important aspect of T20 by miles.

Cric123

School Boy/Girl Captain
He wasn't much of a cricketer either.
Fielding has come on a lot over the last few years, mainly owing to T20 cricket, but baseball fielding is still significantly better. I think they throw in harder and flatter. Ironically, a former baseball player/coach, in the shape of the American Mike Young, has played ann impressive role. But part of it I think is due to them using gloves. A cricketer cannot throw in too hard from the infield because the guy backing up will my get his fingers broken. They do however throw in harder to the WK.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Can't believe there hasn't be a discussion on this. I believe he is quite close to signing up for one of the MLB teams. Although I don't think baseball players will transfer well over to longer form of the game, I think a few might adjust quite well to T20 format. I actually think an American team made up of baseball players trained over to cricket will do better in T20s than their actual cricket side do at the moment.
I don't think so. Cricket and baseball techniques are very different although they can look close at times even for t20s also. Can relate to what you are saying about hitting a ball but it's entirely different when it comes to hitting full tosses and hitting a ball that is turning/swinging/seaming after being dropped on the pitch. 91JMay also pointed out the issue about bowling which also adds to the problem.