• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Daddy Kane or TPC - Who Will Dominate The Upcoming Series?

Who? Who? Who? Who is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Williamson does have a better record than Smith in domestic NZ cricket

that's one version of the game
Guess we could look at Smith's grade cricket record for a comparison to NZ domestic cricket….

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guess we could look at Smith's grade cricket record for a comparison to NZ domestic cricket….
Heard he was fairly ordinary at under 8s level, averaging 23 with a high score of just 43 retired out. Can't we use that?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I still think he's an absolute walking wicket against good fast swing bowling though and I can see why Viktor thought Boult would get him. .
Averaging 61 vs Boult's NZ and 67 against Steyn's SA so not 100% sure what brings you to this conclusion...

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Or we could look at his record where he wears his gimp outfit and holds the handle between his butt cheeks for charity matches. Becuase clearly such cricket is closer to Plunket level.

Yes I know you are bantering and this is my response.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Averaging 61 vs Boult's NZ and 67 against Steyn's SA so not 100% sure what brings you to this conclusion...
I don't think Smith's class is in question for a second, but slightly opportunist of you to quote 'Boult's NZ' when every cricket fan in the world knows he's been dreadfully out of form and has been a shadow of his former self. Not suggesting 2012-14 Boult would've eaten Smith for breakfast either, just saying...

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Hasn't faced either of them at their best. Also faced Steyn as the #6 batsman in a batting unit that included Hussey, Ponting, Clarke, Warner, Watson, with a rampant Warner who averaged 90 during the series and showed he was a world class opener.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
played on roads obviously. All the other batsman that face Boult and Steyn have only played on greentops.
:laugh: Boult couldn't even get wickets against Sri Lanka. You don't watch much cricket do you? Must be all that lifting you do.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I really can't pick between the two of these guys tbh. I felt so lucky watching KW score that ton in Brissy but Smitteh's a helluva good batsman too. Hopefully we see more brilliance from Williamson tomorrow, has the potential, even at this stage of the series to influence the outcome.

Gob

International Coach
Hasn't faced either of them at their best. Also faced Steyn as the #6 batsman in a batting unit that included Hussey, Ponting, Clarke, Warner, Watson, with a rampant Warner who averaged 90 during the series and showed he was a world class opener.
more i read this blokes posts more it convinces me that this is his debut test series as a cricket watcher

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Oh I forget Australians are in the logical fallacy that Hussey, Ponting and Watson were terrible players.

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Retired actually. Watson never played ahead of Smith in that series.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Watson opened the batting ahead of Smith during the RSA series in question, the more I see you post, the more I'm sure this is your debut test series as a cricket watcher. Smith batted 6/7, Hussey batted 5, Ponting 4.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Watson opened the batting ahead of Smith during the RSA series in question, the more I see you post, the more I'm sure this is your debut test series as a cricket watcher. Smith batted 6/7, Hussey batted 5, Ponting 4.
Think i'm getting trolled by a multi here and i got a pretty good idea who this is. Yet i'm going to pretend otherwise and

1st Test: South Africa v Australia at Centurion, Feb 12-15, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

2nd Test: South Africa v Australia at Port Elizabeth, Feb 20-23, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

3rd Test: South Africa v Australia at Cape Town, Mar 1-5, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Gob

International Coach
Although you can't rule out the possibility of Ponting playing disguised as Marsh by wearing one of those Mission Impossible masks.