• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Daddy Kane or TPC - Who Will Dominate The Upcoming Series?

Who? Who? Who? Who is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Athlai

Not Terrible
so you're saying aus new ball bowlers are more dangerous than NZ's?

not sure I agree with that. Southee & Boult (if fit) have more experience than Hazlewood & Pattinson (the latter who can easily be **** on a bad day)
Probably more that our openers are considerably worse. The Warner factor really.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Williamson will probably score more runs than Smith, who very likely won't get a hit that often.

TheJediBrah

That is true. I can also imagine Smith being in the "throw wicket away for declaration" situation more often,

Stace

First Class Debutant
so you're saying aus new ball bowlers are more dangerous than NZ's?

not sure I agree with that. Southee & Boult (if fit) have more experience than Hazlewood & Pattinson (the latter who can easily be **** on a bad day)
Sorry for the late reply, this is what I had in mind..

Probably more that our openers are considerably worse. The Warner factor really.
plus an extra batsman as a buffer
I like the top 3 AUS have and think KW will be in before the 5th over in every innings.

Last edited:

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Still time for Williamson to make hay on this wicket tomorrow.

I've been impressed with Steve Smith, he's come in with the innings on the line quite a few times in the tests and performed really well. I still think he's an absolute walking wicket against good fast swing bowling though and I can see why Viktor thought Boult would get him. If Boult had been bowling what he bowled in the last few years, fast accurate bowling that swung back from outside the off stump of Smith, I think he'd have trapped Smith frequently in the series.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still time for Williamson to make hay on this wicket tomorrow.

I've been impressed with Steve Smith, he's come in with the innings on the line quite a few times in the tests and performed really well. I still think he's an absolute walking wicket against good fast swing bowling though and I can see why Viktor thought Boult would get him. If Boult had been bowling what he bowled in the last few years, fast accurate bowling that swung back from outside the off stump of Smith, I think he'd have trapped Smith frequently in the series.
Update your priors

Zinzan

Smith has definitely gone up in my estimations throughout the test series.

So much so, I'd now have a slightly ahead of Root & KW as test bats for now. The latter two have been great obviously, but the way Smith just keeps tonning up anywhere and everywhere has been fairly remarkable.