• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"200 Tests or less" Draft

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Rules:

- All players selected must have played at least 1 Test match.

- Your final XI must have played, in total, not more than 200 Test matches.

- Order of selection will be determined by a random number generator; subsequently the following round will feature the same order, but reversed. After the opening two rounds, this process will repeat itself. There will be 11 selection rounds & will be generated as we go.

- Players must make their selection within 12 hours of the preceding player’s selection otherwise they will be timed out. If a player is timed out they can still make a selection whenever possible but are not allowed to select any cricketer already taken.

- The finalised teams will be put to a vote to decide the winner.

- No Bradman. (Also, as a consequence of the first two rules, no Tendulkar).

I think we have 10 people already signed up for this in the earlier thread, so I'll be posting the first round order fairly shortly. We could probably fit in 1 or 2 late entrants if anyone else is keen.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I would love to be part of this if there is space.... my first draft attempt.

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Sweet.

I noticed you copied & pasted some of my rules Andrew. Glad to see they're serving you well haha

AndrewB

I think we're now up to 14 people (me, watson, longranger, Red Hill, jimmy101, mr_mister, schearzie, Overrated Sanity, fredfertang, AldoRaine18, Howe_Zat, stphndbsn, morgieb, AndyZaltzHair) - too many?

AndrewB

No objections received, so here's the draw for the first 2 rounds:

Round 1

watson
mr_mister
jimmy101
fredfertang
longranger
morgieb
AldoRaine18
AndrewB
AndyZaltzHair
stphndbsn
schearzie
Overrated Sanity
Red Hill
Howe_Zat

Round 2

Howe_Zat
Red Hill
Overrated Sanity
schearzie
stphndbsn
AndyZaltzHair
AndrewB
AldoRaine18
morgieb
longranger
fredfertang
jimmy101
mr_mister
watson

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
I don't quite understand the exclusion of Bradman in this draft; imho there are more hax picks than him for this particular one.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
What is the ruling on current players? Matches played at selection?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Quite obviously the late apartheid era Saffers are going first.

No exception here: Graeme Pollock