• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"200 Tests or less" Draft

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Round 1

watson: Mike Procter (7)
mr_mister: Barry Richards (4)
jimmy101: Graeme Pollock (23)
fredfertang: WG Grace (22)
longranger: George Headley (22)
morgieb: Sydney Barnes (27)
AldoRaine18: Harold Larwood (21)
AndrewB: Aubrey Faulkner (25)
AndyZaltzHair: Bill O'Reilly (27)
stphndbsn: Colin Bland (21)
schearzie: Archie Jackson (8)
Overrated Sanity: Frank Tyson (17)
Red Hill: Vijay Merchant (10)
Howe_Zat: George Lohmann (18)

Round 2

Howe_Zat: Jack Cowie (9)
Red Hill: Jack Ferris (7)
Overrated Sanity: Ranjitsinhji (15)
schearzie: Charles Turner (17)
stphndbsn: Sid Barnes (13)
AndyZaltzHair: Shane Bond (18)
AndrewB: Frank Foster (11)
AldoRaine18: Fred Spofforth (18)
morgieb
longranger
fredfertang
jimmy101
mr_mister
watson

Last edited:

watson

Banned
Any objections if we make it 8 hour intervals rather than 12? With time-outs and 14 Drafters the rounds are mind numbingly long.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Any objections if we make it 8 hour intervals rather than 12? With time-outs and 14 Drafters the rounds are mind numbingly long.
I think 8 hrs would be better as well. You lose some of the excitement of the draft currently...

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Make it 8, or even 6. Makes it tick over a lot quicker and makes it far more likely that the rounds will move quicker.

AndrewB

Happy to switch to 8 hours (I think 6 hours is a bit short - don't really want to wake up and find 5 people have superseded my pick).

Or we could have future rounds drawn in pairs, and each member of the pair has to pick within 12 hours or be timed out?

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Happy to switch to 8 hours (I think 6 hours is a bit short - don't really want to wake up and find 5 people have superseded my pick).

Or we could have future rounds drawn in pairs, and each member of the pair has to pick within 12 hours or be timed out?
I think starting from round 3 it should be 8h. Keep it simple. The pair thing could cause issues with people picking the same players...

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Can I make my pick now? Night time here in Singapore and probably can't do anything after this till next morning.

AndrewB

I think starting from round 3 it should be 8h. Keep it simple. The pair thing could cause issues with people picking the same players...
Good point. Will go with 8 hours from round 3 unless I'm inundated with complaints.

Howe_zat

Audio File
8 hours? If you can't stand the idea of someone not picking while they're asleep or at work have a bloody look at yourself.

Goddam pick gestapo at it again