• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"200 Tests or less" Draft

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barry Richards
Jack Hobbs
Stewie Dempster
Vijay Hazare
~
Keith Miller
Albert Trott
~
Mohammad Nissar
Chuck Fleetwood-Smith
Bill Bowes

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
yep, even numbered rounds are double picks always
Thanks

Alan Melville (11), Harry Dean (3)

stphndbsn XI
1 Jimmy Cook
2 Sid Barnes
3 Alan Melville
5 Colin Bland
6 Lee Irvine[SUP]+[/SUP]
7 Billy Barnes
8 Ranji Hordern
9 Peter Pollock
10 Harry Dean
11 Wayne Daniel

So many South Africans....

No guesses who my final 79 pnts is on :)

Last edited:

mr_mister

Thanks

Alan Melville (11), Harry Dean (3)

stphndbsn XI
1 Jimmy Cook
2 Sid Barnes
3 Alan Melville
5 Colin Bland
6 Lee Irvine[SUP]+[/SUP]
7 Billy Barnes
8 Ranji Hordern
9 Peter Pollock
10 Harry Dean
11 Wayne Daniel

So many South Africans....

No guesses who my final 79 pnts is on :)
graeme hick?

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Same here. Melville could probably captain your team as well stphndbsn. Great pick this late in the draft.

watson

Banned
Little known player, but would probably have been a cricketing giant if not for a car accident that left him with a fractured spine.

MELVILLE, ALAN, who died in the Kruger National Park on April 18, 1983, aged 72, was arguably the most elegant batsman of his generation. Those who were lucky enough to see it still remember after 50 years his innings of 114 in two and a half hours for Sussex against the West Indians at Hove in 1933. It was the summer after the body-line tour and the fast bowlers, Griffith and Martindale, assailed him with vicious bouncers. They might have been serving up by request something to amuse him and the spectators. They were mercilessly hooked and, if they pitched the ball up, they were driven. Even granted the placid Hove wicket, it was a remarkable display. Years afterwards, meeting him at Lord's at a time when short-pitched fast bowling was being constantly discussed, I asked him if he had ever ducked to it. He smiled sweetly and said, I don't think so. I think either I hit them or they hit me! From what I saw of him I doubt if he was ever hit by anything that rose high enough to be hooked.

Wisden - Alan Melville

mr_mister

Jack Hobbs
Barry Richards
Stewie Dempster
Vijay Hazare
Keith Miller
James Faulkner
Albert Trott
~
Chuck Fleetwood-Smith
Mohammad Nissar
Bill Bowes

I've absolutely stacked the all-rounders in here... it's a bit of a mess really. Hobbs probably not the best choice looking back. At least I cover a lot of bases with the bowling, unfortunately no players really stand out as destroyers with the ball(though Miller's stats are awesome)

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Picks (and total Tests played) in Rounds 1-9: (pickers now sorted alphabetically)

AldoRaine18: Harold Larwood, Fred Spofforth, Arthur Shrewsbury, Herbie Collins, Michael Bevan, Mohammad Asif, Andrew Symonds, Bert Vogler (162)
AndrewB: Aubrey Faulkner, Frank Foster, Colin Milburn, Alan Davidson, Bob Appleyard, Tip Foster, Colin Croft, Eddie Barlow, James Foster (170)
AndyZaltzHair: Bill O'Reilly, Shane Bond, Amar Singh, Phil Mead, Charlie Davis, Madhav Apte, Peter Kirsten, Frank Worrell, Manny Martindale (164)
fredfertang: WG Grace, Tom Richardson, Eddie Paynter, Jack Iverson, Ted McDonald, Vinod Kambli, Albert Russell, Ajay Sharma, Andrew Flintoff (179)
Howe_Zat: George Lohmann, Jack Cowie, Douglas Jardine, Archie MacLaren, Bobby Peel, Allan Steel, Phil Jaques, Adam Voges, Jack Ryder (161)
jimmy101: Graeme Pollock, Fanie de Villiers, Learie Constantine, Murray Goodwin, Jack Gregory, Yasir Shah, Ajinkya Rahane, Steve Rhodes, Raman Subba Row (160)
longranger: George Headley, Duleepsinhji, Bill Ponsford, Ryan Harris, CK Nayudu, Kagiso Rabada, Quinton de Kock, Usman Khawaja, Subhash Gupte (160)
morgieb: Sydney Barnes, Ken Higgs, Stanley Jackson, Brad Hodge, Charlie Blythe, Peter Nevill, David Steele, Andy Sandham, Bruce Reid (146)
mr_mister: Barry Richards, Keith Miller, Stewie Dempster, Mohammad Nissar, Chuck Fleetwood-Smith, Vijay Hazare, Bill Bowes, Jack Hobbs, Albert Trott (196)
Overrated Sanity: Frank Tyson, Ranjitsinhji, Martin Donnelly, Stuart Law, Andy Roberts, Charles Macartney, Bernard Bosanquet, Joel Garner, Charles Bannerman (190)
Red Hill: Vijay Merchant, Jack Ferris, Pieter van der Bijl, Tich Freeman, Pat Cummins, Len Pascoe, Clyde Walcott, Everton Weekes, Steve Smith (183)
schearzie: Archie Jackson, Charlie Turner, Clarrie Grimmett, Ernest Tyldesley, Peter Heine, Martin Love, Bill Brown, Sam Loxton, Graham Manou (130)
stphndbsn: Colin Bland, Sid Barnes, Peter Pollock, Jimmy Cook, Wayne Daniel, Billy Barnes, Lee Irvine, Ranji Hordern, Allan Melville (118)
watson: Mike Procter, Stan McCabe, Sylvester Clarke, Denis Lindsay, Dudley Nourse, Gary Gilmour, Neil Adcock, Allan Rae, Cyril Walters (177)

AldoRaine18 still to pick in Round 9...

Round 10
stphndbsn: Harry Dean (3)
mr_mister: James Faulkner (1)
AndrewB: Joe Hardstaff jr (23)
Red Hill
Overrated Sanity
longranger
watson
morgieb
Howe_Zat
schearzie