• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Boy

Shady Slim

International Coach
so who's a player that you laud "taste it" rights on when they perform well

a player that when they perform you are able to tell all your friends how right you were

for me

real life it's shane watson and john hastings but here i must concede watson love to Gnske, the head of the club (read: ideal).

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
The Boss, except everyone expects him to perform so I guess my best unrated cricketer who is mine would be Dougeh (BFP has Craig sown up and Athlai has Guptill).

I tend to keep having to remind people Angelo Mathews exists but again people expect him to do well when they actually remember who he is.

Marius

International Debutant
My friend actually sent me a message to apologise to me for arguing with me that Stephen Cook shouldn't be in the South African Test side.

I also always backed Daryll Cullinan when I was a youngster.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lyon, but in the opposite sense. Whenever he does poorly overseas I get pretty smug.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ftr, Watson love isn't a club, it's an idea. Because Watson is a man who inspires ideas.

_Ed_

For the best part of a decade it was Kyle Mills. Not sure now - maybe Munro.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Latham.

- Wagner has made me look foolish on at least 2-3 occasions.
- I get pissed when Jadeja does well but I don't dislike him and he is a genuinely good pick at home...hmmm.
- I think there was a period when I was quite harsh on Broad and Finn

Camo999

State 12th Man
Marlon Samuels. Seems to get hate and ridicule from everyone but have always had a soft spot for him. Enigmatic, great to watch with the bat, great in interviews (particularly with Nasser) and not so good that it ever stops being absolutely magnificent when he does well. Last tour was a set back but he will bounce back. He always does.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Marlon Samuels. Seems to get hate and ridicule from everyone but have always had a soft spot for him. Enigmatic, great to watch with the bat, great in interviews (particularly with Nasser) and not so good that it ever stops being absolutely magnificent when he does well. Last tour was a set back but he will get picked again in spite of being ****. He always does.

Fixed.

On topic, Lara. And Jonty Rhodes as a batsman. Recently, I would guess Nehra. We will wait and see how that goes tonight. :)

TheJediBrah

Forkers and Maxi

When they get their rightful Test positions they'll dominate the world

Marlon Samuels. Seems to get hate and ridicule from everyone but have always had a soft spot for him. Enigmatic, great to watch with the bat, great in interviews (particularly with Nasser) and not so good that it ever stops being absolutely magnificent when he does well. Last tour was a set back but he will bounce back. He always does.
lol Samuels is horrificly bad

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Smitteh but got tired of saying taste it and how right i was long time ago

vcs

Also have a soft spot for Darren Sammy. A limited cricketer who always made the most of his talent, and comes across as a genuinely nice guy.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I wrote a piece for the CW ashes blog in 2010 about them picking Tim Bresnan which everyone disagreed with me on, just before he spent the next year dominating. That felt pretty good. Had a relatively short spell as the world's greatest cricketer but was still winning us the Ashes in 2013 so I daresay the haters can put t'in pipe an' smoke it

I also made an 'I believe in Ian Bell' badge but didn't have very good timing on that one