• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Boy

Furball

Evil Scotsman
yeah this thread is for the early fans of unrated cricketers or the first fanboys of good ones.

whoever was first to back the likes of steve smith to the hilt gets him. the rest of you hangers on, nope.
I definitely backed Smith as a long term member of Australia's middle order back in the 2010/11 Ashes, which is my claim on him. Been a huge fan of his since his composed 70-odd against Pakistan in 2010.

And I'm taking Anderson because on the forums I was on back in 2006/07, everyone hated him.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They both had periods where much (most) of the world didn't think they were very good though. You can always proudly proclaim that you always saw his quality etc.
Yeah but that's why I said it was Broad, ie now there's no need

Gob

International Coach
I definitely backed Smith as a long term member of Australia's middle order back in the 2010/11 Ashes, which is my claim on him. Been a huge fan of his since his composed 70-odd against Pakistan in 2010.

And I'm taking Anderson because on the forums I was on back in 2006/07, everyone hated him.
Anything but

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT

I mean, I've been a vocal fan of Jimmy since he made his ODI debut in Australia here in like 2002. Can't really claim cricketers who are arguable ATG's for their country imo.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
yeah, its crazy. I had no idea you could even be arrested for such a thing.
Anti nationalism. A lot of Muslims in India support Pakistan and don't support India and vice versa in Pakistan probably. I have heard a few people say they don't like that. I don't care but that's the reason basically ..

smash84

The Tiger King
Anti nationalism. A lot of Muslims in India support Pakistan and don't support India and vice versa in Pakistan probably. I have heard a few people say they don't like that. I don't care but that's the reason basically ..
This guy got arrested in okara so i doubt he's hindu

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I might claim Matt Henry. There was a time when I was a goofy, awkward 24 year-old from Canterbury and I turned out awesome, therefore so should he.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Ashton Agar, I think he'll be in the test side again soon, already 2 centuries this summer and I'm not a big Lyon fan.

Stuart Broad, since his first Ashes series I've liked his bowling style and plays the game tough in his own way.

91Jmay

International Coach
Does Agar bowl much at the moment? Is he more of an alternative for Marsh on spinning pitches or a legit front-line spinner?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Favourite Smitteh/Watt0 CW moment was when Watt0 played the 3rd Ashes Test in 09 and Richard was slamming Watson so he just laid into him. was pretty fun

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I mean, I've been a vocal fan of Jimmy since he made his ODI debut in Australia here in like 2002. Can't really claim cricketers who are arguable ATG's for their country imo.
Nah people (especially Kiwaaahs) still find reasons to bag him even though he's a more successful Test bowler than Hadlee.

MrPrez

International Debutant
I earn the opposite award for Test-match Du Plessis.

I wasn't vocal around the time but I guess I could kinda claim Elgar, people were bagging on him after his poor start but I thought he deserved a good chance.

I'm a big fan of Stiaan van Zyl and think he'll go on to do good things in the middle order despite his current failings.

I guess my iconic fanboyism is around Morne Morkel, but I don't feel I was ever properly vindicated with that.