• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

pick your test, odi and t20 all rounder

Tom Flint

International Regular
Who would you pick as your seam up all rounder in each format you can pick the same player more than once..I would go
Test - stokes
Odi - Mathews
T20- anderson

Howe_zat

Audio File
I reckon you really just pick Mathews.

Being a world class batsman who can bowl is probably more effective than being a hit or miss batsman and hit or miss bowler.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Ye I agree Mathews is the best player of the 3
Just stokes' threat with the ball recently has become so important in a format where you have to bowl the other team out

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Being a world class batsman who can bowl is probably more effective than being a hit or miss batsman and hit or miss bowler.
Yeah, it's Mathews IMO.

Shakib is stiff not to get a mention at all in the thread so far, and I think he's probably the best Test allrounder in the purest sense of the word, but if you told me I needed to pick someone to bat in the middle order and be the fifth bowler in a Test I'd definitely take Mathews.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, it's Mathews IMO.

Shakib is stiff not to get a mention at all in the thread so far, and I think he's probably the best Test allrounder in the purest sense of the word, but if told me I needed to pick someone to bat in the middle order and be the fifth bowler in a Test I'd definitely take Mathews.
Thread asks for seam up allrounder

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Agreed. He's averaged around 34-35 with the ball in the last two years, which is not bad at all considering his consistency with the bat.

People letting his mediocre captaincy color their opinions of him a bit IMO.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it's Mathews IMO.

Shakib is stiff not to get a mention at all in the thread so far, and I think he's probably the best Test allrounder in the purest sense of the word, but if you told me I needed to pick someone to bat in the middle order and be the fifth bowler in a Test I'd definitely take Mathews.
Shakib's been pretty toothless with the ball in tests for a while now.