• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd best ODI side?

Which is the 2nd best ODI side (behind Oz)?

• NZ

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • India

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • South Africa

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Bangladesh (have bullied the other sides at home)

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I'm claiming second for the Black Caps. We have 3 of the top 10 batsmen and 2 of the top 10 bowlers, including the No. 1 bowler.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually, on 2nd thoughts, I'd go with SA. NZ a close third.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
If by 'India depending on conditions' you mean a bunsen, then maybe but literally any other conditions I'd back SA over them.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
How is SA a good ODI side? Score above 250 and they are out of the game.

There is a clear gulf between Australia, New Zealand and then the rest of the world.

Australia
New Zealand

India
Bangladesh
Rest

Gob

International Coach
How is SA a good ODI side? Score above 250 and they are out of the game.

There is a clear gulf between Australia, New Zealand and then the rest of the world.

Australia
New Zealand

India
Bangladesh
Rest
How many teams have beaten India in India In recent times?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SA are very good in ODIs in all conditions. I think they won their last ODI series in India, UAE, Sri Lanka and NZ. Only remember them losing away to Australia, though they also beat them in a triangular tournament involving Zimbabwe.

India are the best at game-raising for important tournaments (honorable mention to Sri Lanka).

Stefan9

International Debutant
Are we talking just odi series or are we talking icc events. SA the odi series team and SA the icc tournament are two totally different teams. If they play to their ability think SA is second with nz a close third. India lacks the bowling to compete imho.

Spark

Global Moderator
SA are very good in ODIs in all conditions. I think they won their last ODI series in India, UAE, Sri Lanka and NZ. Only remember them losing away to Australia, though they also beat them in a triangular tournament involving Zimbabwe.

India are the best at game-raising for important tournaments (honorable mention to Sri Lanka).
*if they bat first

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
You still trying to push this idea Bangladesh are a good ODI side? :laugh:

They lost to Zimbabwe recently.

S.A who apparently can't score over 250

5th ODI: India v South Africa at Mumbai, Oct 25, 2015 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

1st ODI: India v South Africa at Kanpur, Oct 11, 2015 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
NZ lost an odi to Zim in 2015 and Oz lost to them in 2014.

South Africa's problem is that Grant Elliott is a Kiwi - they are desperately crying out fo a good odi all rounder