• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chanderpaul retires from international cricket

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Jermaine 'My feet literally do not exist' Blackwood

Great pity though, the WICB didn't deserve someone of his calibre after how he's been treated. Some might have seen him as a tad selfish, then again there's not much you can do when the rest of your side are total hacks.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think Chanderpaul's test career is top 25 all-time, maybe even top 20.

indiaholic

International Captain
Terrible end to his career.. Deserved way better. Amazing he can't find a place in a team of complete hacks.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nothing exemplifies the embarrassment that the administration of West Indies has become more than the dropping of Chanderpaul when he was one of the best players in the world and comfortably the best in the West Indies

viriya

International Captain
tfw you realize Chanders at 41 is still WI's best test batting option.. he probably could've played till he was 45.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolute one off - the way he has been treated tells you all you need to know about the way the game is run in West Indies

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey I don't hate the guy at all. Great, great batsman who was one of those who often looked impossible to get out.

Flem274*

123/5
epitomized the "get the guy at the other end on strike pls" bowling plan

Just refused to get out, and when he decided to score some quick runs the clunk was heard on the other side of the world.

anil1405

International Captain
Top career that didn't end the way it should have.

P.S: Does this mean Herath is the only active cricketer who made his test debut in the 20th century?