• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Squad Selection

Tom Halsey

International Coach
To be honest, I agree with most of Richard’s statements there, apart from Harmison, in which I always disagreed. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

tooextracool

International Coach
Swervy said:
hehehe..yeah a good one to look over this

Some real Richard gems in there..... :D
wouldnt it be even more fun if i picked up where i left off in that argument and start another long quote war:p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Swervy said:
hehehe..yeah a good one to look over this

Some real Richard gems in there..... :D
And yet... without re-reading the whole lot again, how much have I been wrong on?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Richard said:
We'll see in the Caribbean and next summer. If West Indies bat like they can Harmison in his most recent state will not get good figures - that is a fact. Of course, Harmison may have improved (unlikely, but still possible) and WI may still manage to play poor strokes galore against him - so don't take stats as the be all and end all.
Wow Richard just to point out your negativity on Harmison for the Caribbean tour was unwarranted, highly pessimistic ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Well, yes, and I was wrong that West Indies played a whole heap of poor strokes against him. Never expected that.