• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket calculators

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Do you guys know of a webpage that allows you to do calculations like say if I wanted to know what andrew putticks average and strike rate was in the sunfoil series for the last 3 seasons ?? Not all first class matches just franchise cricket .

Does such a thing exist ??

Howe_zat

Audio File
Do you guys know of a webpage that allows you to do calculations like say if I wanted to know what andrew putticks average and strike rate was in the sunfoil series for the last 3 seasons ?? Not all first class matches just franchise cricket .

Does such a thing exist ??
Cricket archive comes close, you can see Puttick's record split by team and by season.

Also you can see the averages for all individual FC competitons e.g. Cricket Records | Sunfoil Series, 2015/16 | Records | Most runs | ESPN Cricinfo

A first class statsguru would be the **** but no one's been able to make one, I don't think.

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Thanks

I've been calculating averages by hand for some time. I use spreadsheets in the past when I had access to a pc (I now don't) but I just wondered if such a thing exists.

I am bit in the doldrums at the moment since I found it very hard to decide over what number of seasons to judge a player. Sa seems very volatile in terms of players playing full season the one season and the next season only one or two matches. So they may average 5 matches or less per season over 3 seasons. So the workload is quite severe(and difficult) to go and find out who to leave out. And I don't know if I should consider players who has skipped a season.

Then there 's the "tahir syndrome" as I call it. Tahir av over 40 in test cricket but 25 or less in franchise cricket. I have compared him to harmer and he seems only to get tailenders out as where harmer seems to get more toporder batsmen out. So that also has to play a role.

I just thought there might be a quicker way to get the stats I wanted because compiling all that data for all the players over many seasons is a great deal of work.

Then deciding the criteria. 2 seasons or 3 or 4 ?? Should less then 5 matches per season be acceptable ?? What of that season was easier to take wickets then earlier seasons ??

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
A first class statsguru would be the **** but no one's been able to make one, I don't think.
I think cricinfo (and probably also cricketarchive) is certainly capable of doing it at least for the modern era (last 20-30 years). They probably just don't do it because some of the details are missing for earlier years.