• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

that Virat Kohli

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbh haven't had Gilly in my XI for a while now. He wasn't as good as Ponting/Kohli/Amla/Hayden
Nah, better than hayden and until Amla plays at the very least one significant innings at a WC, better than him too. Besides, it always made sense to me to pair a run machin like Tendulkar with a super aggressive opener like Gilchrist/Jayasuriya.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm not sure Bev is still in the ATG XI. I think Kohli and AB may have finally shoved him out.

vcs

Either go with Sachin-Gilchrist, and keep Bevan as finisher, or have someone else open alongside Sachin and keep Dhoni instead down the order.

flibbertyjibber

Big surprise Trescothick was so high on the tons list. One guy who would never come into consideration for an ATG side and he one of the leading openers.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Big surprise Trescothick was so high on the tons list. One guy who would never come into consideration for an ATG side and he one of the leading openers.
he's englands best odi bat by a fair bit at the moment. the only Englishman to have scored 10+ odi centuries.

suspect rooooooooooooot and buttler will surpass him and possibly morgan.

91Jmay

International Coach
Flintoff getting in more teams than I'd have thought but he was a superb ODI bowler. His economy rate for a strike bowler is great.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Flintoff getting in more teams than I'd have thought but he was a superb ODI bowler. His economy rate for a strike bowler is great.
Averaged 32 with the bat at an SR of 89
and 24 with the ball at an SR of 33

That's as good as anyone.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Yeah, I think a lot of people under rate him in ODIs because they carry over their opinion that he's overrated in Test cricket. He's a genuine contender for that all rounder spot in the ODI lineup.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've long pushed this barrow tbh. The only issue I have with Flintoff at seven is that he usually took a while to get going; he was never very good at going from ball one, which is one of the reasons he ended up at five for England. Batting him at five here with finishers at six and seven would probably make more sense, but it'd look weird having two much better batsmen below him. I'd definitely have him in my side though.

vcs

He's a strange one, I think his statistics flatter him a bit in ODIs and don't do justice to his quality in Tests. When I think of Flintoff's career standout moments, they all come in Tests. He had a bit of a golden run around 2004 in ODIs though, especially with the bat IIRC. As a bowler, he was always quality and very hard to get away.