• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

that Virat Kohli

TNT

Banned
Not necessarily picked the best 5 bowlers 5 batsmen and all rounder. Tried to get the perfect mix for an odi side.
Pace- akhtar
Control- McGrath
Death- malinga
Swing/reverse- imran
Leg and off spinner
Afridi and imran get in cos they add to the batting a swell as being class bowlers
If its ODIs then Lee is a much more accomplished fast bowler than Akhtar.

Athlai

Not Terrible
For those playing at home

Williamson 100s 7 - 10.43
Williamson 50s 30 - 2.43

Root 100s 6 - 8.83
Root 50s 17 - 3.12

Smith 100s 5 - 9.6
Smith 50s 14 - 3.43

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol'd @ Akbar

this. Comparing Williamson to Kohli in ODIs is a massive stretch.

Kohli's in his own class.
He's been every bit as much of a run machine in the shorter formats for the past two years.. just a matter of playing enough games. Looks impossible to get out like you'd expect of a great batsman. And he's scored crucial runs as well, like in the WC chase against Australia and this match.

vcs

On topic though, Kohli.. just continues to amaze in these situations. Seems like chasing a big total automatically makes him 20% better. You don't get that feeling from, say AB de Villers, as great a batsman as he is.

OverratedSanity

Yeah AB is clearly a better batsman overall but as a chaser in the top order, Kohli has very few if any equals.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Does AB have as many opportunities to chase big scores I wonder? Kohli's number of hundreds chasing is pretty remarkable for sure but he does get more chances than AB you'd suspect. I think he'd still be ahead of him if they had the same opportunities, but not quite as much of a gap.

Daemon

Does AB have as many opportunities to chase big scores I wonder? Kohli's number of hundreds chasing is pretty remarkable for sure but he does get more chances than AB you'd suspect. I think he'd still be ahead of him if they had the same opportunities, but not quite as much of a gap.
Yes, India's **** attack does give Kohli that unique opportunity

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
The thing with Kohli is that he can play all roles, he has those big centuries as well as quickfire tons, exceptional chaser as well. On top of that he's a century in all countries bar SA, and averages good to excellent in all countries. Has scored in CT's as well as WC's, there really isn't anything you can say against him as a limited overs player. He has everything covered with another 8-9 years to ago, it's just ridiculous.

Flem274*

123/5
Kohli is more of a planner of his innings whereas AB just comes in lower down than Kohli and is too freakish to contain so no matter the situation it looks like he's going beserk.

I'd probably take both in my ATG ODI XI now. Sorry Punter.

Gob

International Coach
Kohli is more of a planner of his innings whereas AB just comes in lower down than Kohli and is too freakish to contain so no matter the situation it looks like he's going beserk.

I'd probably take both in my ATG ODI XI now. Sorry Punter.
Yeah Virat-Viv-AB looks set now

OverratedSanity

The thing with Kohli is that he can play all roles, he has those big centuries as well as quickfire tons, exceptional chaser as well. On top of that he's a century in all countries bar SA, and averages good to excellent in all countries. Has scored in CT's as well as WC's, there really isn't anything you can say against him as a limited overs player. He has everything covered with another 8-9 years to ago, it's just ridiculous.
Probably not done quite as well in WCs as Viv/Ponting/AB yet imo. A great performance in 2019 will probably seal it.

Also, Ponting isn't selected just for his batting. He's probably the greatest fielder ever which is a massive plus for any ATG odi side.

vcs

Gilchrist-Sachin opening pair is pretty much set, IMO. Hard to mess around with that. That combination sounds so good BTW.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gilchrist-Sachin opening pair is pretty much set, IMO. Hard to mess around with that. That combination sounds so good BTW.
Tbh haven't had Gilly in my XI for a while now. He wasn't as good as Ponting/Kohli/Amla/Hayden