• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Flem274*

123/5
i don't really see why aus need wade for his batting anyway tbh. with their balance at full strength they can afford the keeper at #8 or lower, or if they really must a nurdler type keeper can bat #5 with #intent all the way down the rest of the order with forkers at #8 ffs

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surely that's it for Wade now. Quite apart from his lack of runs of late, his keeping still really isn't up to it at all.
Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

He's probably got the best stats of any of our keepers @ 7. The issue is: a) I'm not sure if those stats are that much better than what a Nevill or Whiteman would provide, and Nevill won't drop as many catches non behave like a ****ing idiotic selfish dickhead child every single time something bad happens, and b) If we're gonna keep on picking Faulkner, he should be at 7 anyway.

I really feel like there's a chance Nev gets named for the T20 WC, particularly given the late Finch change they're making

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i don't know why they don't make it the trophy of the tests (which is the excitingly named trans tasman trophy)
The idea at the time was that they'd play ODIs really regularly (every year IIRC?) but probably not get that many Tests in against each other.

Spark

Global Moderator

He's probably got the best stats of any of our keepers @ 7. The issue is: a) I'm not sure if those stats are that much better than what a Nevill or Whiteman would provide, and Nevill won't drop as many catches non behaviour like a ****ing idiotic selfish dickhead child every single time something bad happens, and b) If we're gonna keep on picking Faulkner, he should be at 7 anyway.

I really feel like there's a chance Nev gets named for the T20 WC, particularly given the late Finch change they're making
it's not just the catches. he regularly lets through 5+ runs a game purely through incompetence, particularly down the legside.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

He's probably got the best stats of any of our keepers @ 7. The issue is: a) I'm not sure if those stats are that much better than what a Nevill or Whiteman would provide, and Nevill won't drop as many catches non behave like a ****ing idiotic selfish dickhead child every single time something bad happens, and b) If we're gonna keep on picking Faulkner, he should be at 7 anyway.

That's the thing though. Faulkner should bat seven when he plays, as you said. So if you're batting your keeper as low as eight, he's probably going to be there for a rebuilding type role. If not, send in blokes like Starc ahead of him who can bomb it anyway. In the meantime, Wade's keeping will cost us big time.