• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, ultimately, people are free to think whatever they want about me or any of the other moderators. Our priority here, though, is the community and the general atmosphere of the forum (which I'm sure all would agree has not been very good in this thread—in fact it's been as poor in a tour thread as I've seen in a long time, though not quite India/England 2012 vintage), which matters far more than any single poster or whatever. Our policy is to try to let arguments run their course and let people express their opinions honestly and fully without descending into crass flamewars, but at some point a line has to be drawn and it says "alright, _____ line of posting is pissing a lot of people off, could we please stop that".

Despite that, though, all of us are cricket watchers and posters first, moderators a very distant second, and having to waste large amounts of time having to babysit threads and try, often in vain, to have people adhere to simple instructions is not how I or anyone else wants to spend their time, though. I'd rather just watch the cricket.
You got nothin'

Strap on a pad and face up, ****.

Top_Cat

The issue of dissent and on-field abuse is a tough one to solve because, I'd hazard, the players don't really want it solved. A bloke losing his chop at you gives valuable information, you can bet oppo teams are taking note of the fact that Smith and his team are cracking on a regular basis right now.

TheJediBrah

Nah, **** that affects teams within the game is he way to go in cases like this. Same reason no **** bowls a no ball in odis or T20s but oversteps in tests - no free hit, no immediate impact on the game at hand.
Tell that to Patto

cnerd123

likes this
The temptation was so strong here. Almost popped a vein.
Disappointed you didn't do it. You had a glorious opportunity right there to join us cool edgy infraction-laden posters, but instead chickened out because you got no ballz. You're too much of a goody-goody.

You should learn from Jord.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Disappointed you didn't do it. You had a glorious opportunity right there to join us cool edgy infraction-laden posters, but instead chickened out because you got no ballz. You're too much of a goody-goody.

You should learn from Jord.
He'd had infractions before.

Daemon

Woke up with 15 like notifications and was feeling pretty good about myself until I saw this thread. Can't believe I missed out on all the likes being dished out.

Gob

International Coach
Who the **** was the 3rd umpire anyway?

But yeah as mr Mackey would say that was pretty bad, m'kay. Shame cos the bowling looked like it was top notch again so much better than the NZ

Daemon

Anyone got a clip of the Hazlewood incident? The fox news one that was posted isn't working.