• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I saw legslip1 reading the NZ domestic thread yesterday, so you can look for one NZ Herald writer to lift his game -

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's funny that @legslip was already taken but he couldn't be bothered thinking of another cricket term with "leg" in it.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
At one point I considered you and I as online chums. Not anymore apparently based on this. Not sure why really this has come about but it has.But I expect it makes sense to you in your logical world.
I offered you a handshake to overcome what was a trivial conversation about Kane Williamson's bowling but you have responded with profanity. I suspect but don't know for sure that you and others have been "talking" in general and that you volunteered to rark me up.

I will go ahead and put you on ignore for the forseeable furture.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Tease both of them about their stale half-wittedness here ftr -

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/members/legslip1.html
I won't have that about Leggo, he is a fine man. Known to have 'bo-bo's' (code word for a nap) during a slow Test day's play, either in the press box or on the bank. And one of the most ferocious media eaters, which is akin to owning the best moustache in Mexico.

However if Alderson wants Ronchi to bat left-handed at 5...and calling Brownlie a proven Test commodity at No.4 after two Tests there, he can wear it.

Gob

International Coach
It's still only 49. Quantity has a quality all of its own. It's not like the pitch was completely unplayable, like that WI deck a decade back where Dravid got two 50s and everyone else got ****-all.

Also worth noting that MMarsh's bowling was extremely useful in that match, particularly in the second innings. The balance of the side just looks so much better with an all-rounder, especially when we have quicks who are prone to fatigue and don't respond well to getting overloaded.

Yeah indeed. I've seen some reasonable decks in NZ for seamers and swinging conditions, but I've also seen a fair share of roads.
Pitch had a bit in it for the quicks but im talking about the swing more than the seam movement. As soon as the lights were turned on it was hooping all over the place. Also that was a fairly low scoring game with all four completed innings yielding around 200 runs so an innings of fifty (yeah i rounded off 49 to 50) is quite significant. More so than the runs he looked quite compact against the moving ball compared to his younger brother at the other end getting beaten ball after ball.
Yeah Marsh bowled well in the 2nd innings but he was only required to ball as much as he did in the 2nd dig was because Starc broke down. Marsh only bowled five overs in the first dig for no wickets and NZ got bowled for 202. So the point is that the 3 quicks were enough to bowl NZ out in helpful conditions with out the need of MMarsh's bowling. Now Aust were pretty lucky that they had MMarsh to bowl once Starc was injured don't ask me what would happen if one of the quicks break down in between a game in NZ

I think I found Brayshaw's account
I was expecting 'Hey Shaun Marsh'
Let me re-phrase. A talented hack that couldn't spell 'consistency' but managed to make decent totals every now and again to make people think he might have what it takes to hold a test spot that he's had plenty of chances to make his own.

He's a backwards step, an option that's been done to death without any signs that it's the right one.

And with regards to Centurion; Alex Doolan made an 89 in that game. Using your "Marsh hit a 49 and apparently that's a good thing" logic, Doolan's probably a test-quality batsman too.

Shaun Marsh shouldn't even be considered at this stage.
Ah the old if a poor player makes runs in a tough situation then the runs made by others should discount too argument. Bangar made 68 in Leeds while Rahul Dravid was busy making match winning 148 but hey lets discount Rahul's runs con Sanjay B is also making runs pfft

Gob

International Coach
Meanwhile the ODI squad has been announced

Australia ODI squad (to play New Zealand): Steve Smith (c), David Warner, George Bailey, Scott Boland, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, John Hastings, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Matthew Wade, Adam Zampa.

Good that we've kept such a worthy asset like Boland, and let a man who can't score anything less than 50 right now be denied from the squad.
Wtf @ no Tonsman

Flem274*

123/5
with all the chat coming out of this thread and the official aussie camp, nz should have scheduled a test at napier.

maclean park, uni oval and seddon park. the holy trinity of teaching australia it's bad to select to stereotypes.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
NZ to win the ODI's 2:1

Not sure about the tests yet, will wait to see whether Taylor and Southee are fit.