• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate the current Test teams on the basis of how over/underrated their players are

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
For me:

Majorly overrated: Australia
Overrated: England, India
About right: Zim, WI, BD
Underrated: Pak, SL, NZ
Majorly underrated: South Africa

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Seriously? Who is underrating South Africa? They are a great team (over the past few years) who are going through a rough patch because they haven't seemed to replace Graeme Smith and Kallis. Add to that an ATG bowler in Steyn whose very injury prone and no captaincy stability, and everyone has sympathy for them in this current time. How are they majorly underrated?

Why is India overrated? No one gives them a prayer overseas. And they don't give anyone a sniff at home. India is a very simple Test team, always has been. Tigers at home, tadpoles away.

And NZ isn't underrated. Everyone gives them their due. Also, there's a slight amount of national bias when you claim your home country is underrated.

Will let the others address the remaining countries.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
This is really the nexus of my point. How long did it take Steyn to be considered an ATG, despite averaging 6-7 runs less per wicket than Anderson, Johnson, Southee et al?
Tim Southee isn't fit to be compared with to Dale Steyn. I've never heard anyone make such a comparison.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You can't possibly disagree when someone finds something over or under rated. Not just because it's completely unique how much you'll hear, but you're not going to remember the majority of what goes against your conclusion.

Very boring discussion.

indiaholic

International Captain
This is really the nexus of my point. How long did it take Steyn to be considered an ATG, despite averaging 6-7 runs less per wicket than Anderson, Johnson, Southee et al?
It didn't take very long at all tbh.. People have considered him the greatest of his generation by a huge margin since a long long time.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Dale Steyn wasn't around, Tim Southee would be a contender for top paceman in the world the past 3-4 years.
No he wouldn't FFS!. It's seriously getting embarrassing how much some kiwi posters overrate/over-hype Tim Southee. I think I better understand Burgey's frustration with NZ posters in the last few years now.

Please take your black and white glasses off, you're not looking at things objectively.

With Harris, Philander, Johnson, Broad, Anderson around, nope.
This, this & this.

TNT

Banned
No he wouldn't FFS!. It's seriously getting embarrassing how much some kiwi posters overrate/over-hype Tim Southee. I think I better understand Burgey's frustration with NZ posters in the last few years now.

Please take your black and white glasses off, you're not looking at things objectively.

This, this & this.
So for the last couple of years you underrated some Kiwi supporters overrating their team