• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The over that launched a thousand Sixes

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ugh. I watched that spell and it was awesome.

Now I almost wish it hadn't happened. :(

vcs

He's had a few spells like in Lord's where he took 7 with 3 or 4 holing out at deep square leg. Not exactly a repeatable formula. And then Sri Lanka where he picked up some wickets against the might of Thirimanne, Kaushal Silva and co. And oh, that tour of WI in 2011 or something.

Form is temporary, being ****e is permanent

vcs

I actually think his best ever career performance was against Australia when they toured India in 2008 and we won 2-0. Bowled some good spells against England later that winter as well. Been downhill since then with a few spikes here and there.

Daemon

He's bowled well in the last few years. Unfortunately bowled well for Ishant means he's basically going back into that 'looks good and beats the bat constantly but doesn't take wickets' phase. Still, that's what he's best at and I'd rather he stick to it because everything goes horribly wrong when he tries otherwise.

cnerd123

likes this
Ishant and Nohit deserve all the hate they get. Sure they are good now, but they both had like 3-4 years or more of being utter ****e and being carried in the team while plenty of other talented cricketers were barely given a look.

You play as many international games as those two did and you'd eventually figure out how to stop sucking too.

Stapel

International Regular
I've always liked Ishant. Dunno why exactly. As a neutral cricket supporter I have favourite players, rather than favourite teams. Ishant is just one of the guys I like.

He most certainly has had a few years where he didn't live up to the talent, promiss, and expectations. But right now, he is on the money, I think. There's a parallel with Broad changing from Stuart to Sturat :) . Is there any chance he has a go in English FC cricket? Would be awesome!

@VCS: which mountain pass is that?

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Can someone please post that gif from the Sri Lanka series when he was thumping his chest?

That was his best performance iMO