• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many games do top-class players play?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
There are many Tests, ODIs, T20I, club Cricket.
How many games/days do top-class players play in a year usually? :blink:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
you could actually research this quite easily if you are interested in it.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
geez, the bloke asks a half decent question and he cops this.
Fine-

in 2015 Steve Smith played 13 tests, 19 ODIs and 1 T20I.

Most international cricketers don't play many First Class games and hardly any grade games unless they are coming back from injury.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Or a less Payneful and more accurate response would be Smith played

6th Jan - 1x Test vs India
16 Jan - 1 Feb - 5 ODIs vs England and India
11 Feb - 29 Mar - 8 ODIs in the World Cup, 2 warm ups
10 Apr - 20 May - 14 T20 matches in the IPL
3rd - 11 Jun - 2x Tests vs WI
25 Jun - 20 Aug - 5 Tests, 2 Tour FC games, 1 T20I and 6 ODIs for the tour of Ireland and England
5 Oct - 25 Oct - 6 OD games for NSW
28 Oct - 1 FC game in the shield for NSW
05 - 27 Nov - 3 Tests vs NZ
10 Dec - 26 Dec - 2 Tests vs WI

SO

we have 13 Tests, 3 First Class matches (including warm ups), 19 ODIs, 8 List A games (including warm ups), 1 T20I and 14 T20 matches.

So Smith played 58 games and on this schedule would have played up to 118 days of cricket this year (not counting days when FC or Tests ended early).

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Or days where he sat in the pavillion watching Warner Khawaja and Burns ton up

Howe_zat

Audio File
The best players from England, India and Australia play 100+ tests.
The best players from NZ, SL or SA will play 80+ tests.
The best players from Pakistan play 15

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Why are there so many international matches with less club games, in comparison with other sports like Football or Rugby?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why are there so many international matches with less club games, in comparison with other sports like Football or Rugby?
The mighty islands of the West Indies are in the process of rectifying this, their best players currently play 100 T20s for 10 different clubs a year.