cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: Which is the best test team right now?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Australia

4 17.39%
  • England

10 43.48%
  • India

2 8.70%
  • New Zealand

3 13.04%
  • Pakistan

1 4.35%
  • South Africa

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Your best current test team is..

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar

Your best current test team is..

Not buying that India is the best test team in the world atm. Apart from Ashwin, our bowling isn't great. Ishant has been terrific off late but whatever. It's either England or Australia. Probably England. Definitely not South Africa with it's team in a bit of a transition right now. I would put Pakistan in the mix too, have been solid over the past few years. And no, it's not the Kiwis but I'll add them as they are not a bad team either.

Your choice?

International Coach
    Depends who is playing at home out of Aus/India/Eng.
    mr_mister likes this.

State Vice-Captain
    There is no outright nr 1 atm. Think england and aus are the best equipped to be nr1 but will have to see.
    91Jmay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Not buying that India is the best test team in the world atm. Apart from Ashwin, our bowling isn't great. Ishant has been terrific off late but whatever. It's either England or Australia. Probably England. Definitely not South Africa with it's team in a bit of a transition right now. I would put Pakistan in the mix too, have been solid over the past few years. And no, it's not the Kiwis but I'll add them as they are not a bad team either.

Your choice?
    I think Pakistan will get exposed badly when they travel outside of UAE/SC. I don't rate india top either.

Other than that I think it has to be Eng or Aus. Would have gone with NZ maybe half a year back but they didn't impress in the tour of Aus. Having said that Aus were pretty poor in India and UAE.

England despite losing 2-0 in the UAE actually ran Pakistan close and ccould have even won the series if Yasir hadn't been taking steroids or a few sessions had gone their way
    Last edited by smalishah84; 16-01-2016 at 04:12 PM.
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I think we may well be number 1 by September but I don't regard us as a number 1 side given the many flaws still in the side. The bowling looks much stronger than 12 months ago with the emergence of Wood and the rebirth of Finn but the batting still has problems. We have no opening partner for Cook (still) and while Stokes and Bairstow have have been superb of late you get the feeling they both will be feast or famine players. I think Compton will stay in the side almost by default as he is one player capable of soaking up pressure and deliveries and giving the strokemakers lower down a platform.

Would this England side beat any of the top sides of the last 10-15 years? Not a chance yet we are possibly/probably going to be ranked number 1 in a matter months or number 2 and will have beaten the number 1 in the last series we played against them. Will admit we have potential to improve though and us and Australia have a higher ceiling than most from where we are now.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Well a fit South Africa is the obvious answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

I would have said Pakistan before Yasir got done for drugs as they have a really good attack

Every team has major deficiencies even if some are only apparent in foreign conditions

IF (and it is probably the biggest if in the history of cricket) Australia ever gets to field a fully fit attack of Starc, Patto, Cummins, Marsh & Lyon, they will be horrible to face in any conditions

International Coach TheJediBrah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan9 View Post
    There is no outright nr 1 atm. Think england and aus are the best equipped to be nr1 but will have to see.
    pretty much this. If Australia can start winning in India and/or England it will be them easily but the last few tours they've been terrible.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well a fit South Africa is the obvious answer.
    Not with that batting it isn't even if Steyn and Philander got fit and firing again.

I think England are now a clear nudge ahead of everyone else.

Approaching a complete bowling attack. Finn's return from the abyss has been welcome. Moeen and Stokes complement each other nicely.

Root + Cook are top class, and the rest of the batsmen are at least serviceable. James Taylor could become very good, as could Stokes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

It's India cos the rankings say its so. No arguing

Kaptain Kohli is King of Kricket
    SuperMurali and sscomp32 like this.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

TNT
    Banned
    I voted NZ because they won the spirit of cricket award and that's important in cricket.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    How the hell are India No. 1?

England No. 1, Pakistan/NZ/Australia No. 2 for me. Hard to evaluate Pakistan properly given they haven't played much away from home.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Request Your Custom Title Now! OverratedSanity's Avatar
    We're the undisputed, completely deserving number 1, bitches. Deal with it
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**t over your head and get a woolly bull to f**k some sense into you.

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Well all those 6 teams are really closely matched and have major weaknesses to go with their areas of strength.

Having said that, if I had to pick a team, it would be England simply for the fact that they seem adapt better than the rest when playing overseas.
    England have in the last few years won in India, South Africa, drew in Sri Lanka and New Zealand, and ran gave Pakistan a tough fight in UAE.

Their bowlers seem to have the right skillset to be able to adapt in away conditions better than Australia or India.

New Zealand is close too but their failure to adapt in Australia goes against them, but they do have a decent overseas record too among the rest.

So it's

England
    New Zealand/South Africa
    Australia//India/Pakistan

If Australia win in New Zealand next month, they will replace them at number 2 for me.
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 16-01-2016 at 07:29 PM.
    "This is a clash of strategy. And of methods, culture and politics. This is a new-era rivalry. Not as ancient as the Ashes, or as passionate as India-Pakistan. Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."- Jarrod Kimber

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information