Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Mitchell Marsh vs Ben Stokes thread

Quote Originally Posted by mr_mister View Post
    Stokes
    edit - I think Stokes and Mitch are both good bowlers but I've never been one to get heaps excited or even notice medium pacers really

second edit - Mitch got an 87, dunno how I completely forgot that. Need to follow this sport more closely before having an opinion it seems
    i have high standards for what I even consider to be fast-medium

edit - scratch that douchey comment and the earlier one. I just tend to not notice or get excited about 5th bowlers(unless they're spinners). It's rare I even enjoy watching quicks bowl at all unless they have the new ball and can destroy teams. Childish mentality perhaps but I generally love watching batsman dominate and ton up. Been like this ever since I was very young
    yeah tldr version: basically I don't even follow countries so to speak. I just follow whichever team is batting and hope they do well. It's been like this since Australia won 16 on the trot when I was little. I was so bored of it I started praying for them to lose. I'm sure others around my age had the same experience. Except in the Ashes of course they should end up 5-0 to us everytime

.....So disregard my opinion of bowlers
    That escalated quickly
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

i'm drunk lol
    cricket rules brah

Cricket Spectator
    Right now, Stokes the better bat and Mitch Marsh the better bowler. The stats justify this view. In five years time, however, I think Marsh will be the better of the two batting and bowling wise. Stokes doesn't have the technique to score runs consistently while with MMarsh I think it all has to do with confidence and right now he is very low in confidence.Marsh batting technique is very good imo.

Idk about MMarsh's technique yet tbh. Talent is there to burn, but he's so static and leaden-footen at the crease. But that might be a product of him not really knowing what to do when he gets to the crease at 4/a million and hence not getting his feet working properly.

I really do think Aus should stick with him as a project player, but his bowling might be carrying him for a while. That Henriques has horrendous luck with injuries and Faulkner is a drunk driver helps his case.
    Last edited by Spark; 16-01-2016 at 08:39 AM.
    Shady Slim likes this.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
    Right now, Stokes the better bat and Mitch Marsh the better bowler. The stats justify this view. In five years time, however, I think Marsh will be the better of the two batting and bowling wise. Stokes doesn't have the technique to score runs consistently while with MMarsh I think it all has to do with confidence and right now he is very low in confidence.Marsh batting technique is very good imo.
    Good first post Marsh did struggle in England with the bat though, and it seemed like it was a technical issue with sideways movement. Thoughts?

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    If poor technique helps you score fastest double hundred against the number 1 team, then good riddance to technique I'd say.
    "This is a clash of strategy. And of methods, culture and politics. This is a new-era rivalry. Not as ancient as the Ashes, or as passionate as India-Pakistan. Two countries that are so different, yet share rampant egotism, high self-opinion and a belief that being born in their country is superior to other births. This brings together a belligerent bunch of brats, bullies and braggers."- Jarrod Kimber

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    If poor technique helps you score fastest double hundred against the number 1 team, then good riddance to technique I'd say.
    Eh, the #1 team is a bit of a misnomer without Steyn or Philander.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Could argue it would be even with them given that batting line up.

they're not batting that great atm imo

Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Could argue it would be even with them given that batting line up.
    Yeah I agree but as evidence of him having amazing technique as opposed to an amazing eye, it's not a great example. Dhoni is a great ball-striker too, after all.
    indiaholic likes this.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Great knock will not dispute that, but let's not get carried away there was no Steyn and Philander.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Yeah I agree but as evidence of him having amazing technique as opposed to an amazing eye, it's not a great example. Dhoni is a great ball-striker too, after all.
    The ton against NZ last summer was a better way of showing how good he can be. Good attack put to sword in no time.

International Coach
    Stokes technique isn't bad at all. Puzzled by some of the comments here to be honest. He has a great defensive game, and gets out because of the way he plays more than anything.
    Adders likes this.

Cricketer Of The Year Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Didn't use that as evidence of amazing technique. I was not disputing the criticism of Stokes' technique. I don't really understand technique all that well to comment on it. But if you score a test match double century, that's a pretty special thing for me. So for me Stokes is the better player.

You play the opposition you face. In the context of this thread, how many people think Mitchell Marsh would score a 250 against Morkel, Rabada, Morris and Piedt?
    Last edited by Black_Warrior; 16-01-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Good first post Marsh did struggle in England with the bat though, and it seemed like it was a technical issue with sideways movement. Thoughts?
    I would say it's more an Australian thing, nowadays most Australia batters struggle against swing.Did he play in England before this tour? I bet he didn't.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information