• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction Draft

Shady Slim

International Coach
this is a draft for the first five people to join only, perhaps six if you're fine with it running exceedingly long

i made a list of players, most decent to very good, that none of you know.

you will have one million Slims, S1,000,000, to use at the inaugural Slimdian Premier League.

with this you must pick eleven players from a randomized auction order of these players

you do not know who is coming next, nor who is coming at all, which is a nice dinky little twist in the tale, meaning you don't know whether you should hold out for someone better or bid now.

the list has more than enough of each type of player in case someone thinks that being a doucheknuckle and buying all the keepers is a good idea, so there is more than enough for five entrants and i can add a few more for six.

rules:
-i put a player up for auction where he will be bid on
-if you have no interest in the player you can pass, be warned if you pass you cannot rejoin the auction for that player
-if everyone has passed or there is no bid within twenty four hours (whichever's first) then he is passed up and goes to the back of the order
-your bid is the winning bid and you get the player if either nobody else has bid for twelve hours or everyone else has passed
-there isn't a maximum or minimum bid per se and you're free to bid half your Slims immediately if you want but that's ridiculous
-please try to not run out of money, if you were to put yourself in a ****ty position try to suck it up and then when everyone's got a full team hope the next player happens to be real good
-if you are a giant douche to anyone or do anything unsportsmanlike i'll fine you
-oh and a psa to everyone pls don't pass up every player during the first round of auctions to see who's in because then you're lame and no fun, ad hominem.

SIGNUPS:
-honestbharani
-OverratedSanity
-schearzie
-
-
-?

Last edited:

Shady Slim

International Coach
oooookay it is not letting me edit the OP

currently we are at:
-honestbharani
-OS
-Red Hill
-weldone
-AndyZaltzHair
-smalishah84

i'll give a bit more time to let a possible sixth join and give red hill the leeway

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
oooookay it is not letting me edit the OP

currently we are at:
-honestbharani
-OS
-Red Hill
-weldone
-AndyZaltzHair
-

i'll give a bit more time to let a possible sixth join and give red hill the leeway
I'm good to go, should be right from now. This should be ok to do from my phone without too much research.

Shady Slim

International Coach
then we are starting right now! remembering once a bid is placed the twelve hour timer starts which resets upon a new bid.

honestbharani
Purse: S1,000,000
Players:

OverratedSanity
Players:

Red Hill
Players:

weldone
Players:

AndyZaltzHair
Players:

smalishah84
Players:

welcome one and all to the first ever CW auction. you all have one million slims in your purse and eleven players to buy.

the first to go under the hammer is Stuart Broad