• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Auction Draft

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok don't rush. I want to hear everyone's explanation on why Deano/Flem/Dilshan/Saqlain/Herschelle should make the final XI for my side. Seriously, I'll be super-lenient. Feel free to convince me. After all, this team is in memory of Andy ZaltzHair.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sunil Gavaskar
Vijay Merchant
Jacques Kallis (6)
Allan Border
Clive Lloyd *
Quinton de Kock +
Richard Hadlee (1)
Heath Streak (4)
Dale Steyn (2)
Fred Spofforth (3)
Abdul Qadir (5)

12th man: Mike Gatting
Class clown : Monty Panesar

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Red Hill XI

Gordon Greenidge ^
Mark Taylor ^ *
Viv Richards ^ *
Misbah ul Haq
Michael Clarke
Shane Watson (5)
Farohk Engineer +
Dan Vettori (4)
Joel Garner (2)
Dennis Lillee (1)
Muttiah Muralitharan (3)

12th- Vernon Philander

Truth be told, this is probably the best team I've ever drafted. It's certainly my favourite. Complimentary opening pair in Taylor and Greenidge, left and right handed and contrasting styles. The one and only Viv at #3, surely the most intimidating #3 not including the Don. Solid middle order of Misbah and Clarke (both averaging close to 50 over lengthy careers) before the all-rounders Watson, Engineer and Vettori round out the batting line up.

The bowling is headed by Lillee who is supported more than ably by Garner. What an ideal combo- Lillee's ferocious temperament and out-swinger coupled with Garner's intimidation from 2.03 metres plus arm length and his incredible accuracy, durability and yorker ability. Watson provides the medium pace relief before the GOAT offie and a very canny left arm orthodox come on to do their thing to win the game. If required, Viv and Clarke are quite capable spinners.

The fielding is top notch. Taylor and Greenidge in the slips are peerless, Garner was outstanding in the gully, while Clarke and Viv were superb in either the slips or in the infield. Having kept to Bedi, Prasanna, Chandrasekhar and Venkataraghavan, Engineer is ideal for a team containing Murali and Vettori.

Finally, leadership is superb. Taylor is the best captain I've seen, tactically, while Viv could co-captain with his blunt leadership and displays of aggression. Vettori a sound leader of men also. Clarke was also very good tactically, meaning this team would never be short of ideas in the field. Should we be playing on a greener wicket, Philander could come in for Vettori as a third pace option.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
This was a fun draft. Only change I'd make next time (and you should run it again) is to state at the outset how many players are to be released.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
​Honest Hunks

Alastair Cook
Graham Gooch
Everton Weekes
Greg Chappell
Keith Miller (c)
Kevin Pietersen
Adam Gilchrist (wk)
Wasim Akram
Graeme Swann
Stuart Broad
Waqar Younis

I will get Shastri to come in for turning conditions and perhaps get Kapil in for Broad to help balance out the batting a bit more but this is one hell of a side. Considering I got to leave out blokesa s goodas Broad, Titmus, McCullum etc. shows the strength I think. Easily one of my best draft sides.