• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in Bangladesh T20s 2016

cnerd123

likes this
Bangladesh v Zimbabwe | Cricket news, live scores, fixtures, features and statistics on ESPN Cricinfo

Basically just 4 T20s between the two sides in preparation for the World T20. Zimbabwe will be looking to improve on from the Afgh series loss, while BD will be hoping to find a combination that doesn't suck in this format.

BD won a tight first game last night thanks to 46 from the big-hitting Sabbir Rahman at 3, and late innings cameos from Mushy and Shakib. Fizzy returned figures of 2/18 in his 4, while Al Amin 'bowled' his way to 2/24. Masakadza continued to score runs, hitting 79 off 53, while Vusi Sibanda returned to the side with 46. Makes you wonder by Zimbabwe keeps dropping these guys,

1st Match: Bangladesh v Zimbabwe at Khulna, Jan 15, 2016 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

The remaining three T20s are scheduled for 17th, 20th and 22nd Jan. All four games are being played at the Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium in Khulna.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Any CW thoughts on PJ Moor? I see he's $13 tomorrow despite a promotion (according to ZC's Twitter account) up to No. 3.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
***** can you please start a thread about how CW moderators and admins should start all threads for all international cricket played anywhere since the corrupt and inept fans of individual cricket teams cannot be trusted to do so efficiently.

cnerd123

likes this
***** can you please start a thread about how CW moderators and admins should start all threads for all international cricket played anywhere since the corrupt and inept fans of individual cricket teams cannot be trusted to do so efficiently.
I'd rather trust the corrupt and inept fans on this one since certain Mods don't really have a grasp on the concept of how long a week is *cough* PEWS *cough*

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Any CW thoughts on PJ Moor? I see he's $13 tomorrow despite a promotion (according to ZC's Twitter account) up to No. 3.
What is ZC's twitter account? I didn't see any such tweet from @ZimCricketv

Last edited:

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
If Bangladesh can do very good in 50 overs then for sure they can do just as well in 20 overs. They have been struggling in T20 mainly due to insufficient matches; in process, having a difficult time in how to approach a game of 20 overs. The BPL and Zimbabwe T20 games will serve them well by the time the Asia Cup starts; it's this tournament which will confirm whether they have actually made strides in this format. If I was in charge of the Bangladesh T20 team then I'll personally have this XI by the time the Asia Cup starts: Tamim, Sarker, Sabbir, Mushfiqur, Shakib, Nasir, Mashrafe, Arafat, Al Amin, Mustafizur and Hider.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Scrupulous Cribbage with his Buffett-like thoroughness, finding diamonds in the rough. Love him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I think only reason he didn't bat 3 in the first game was the big opening partnership, and then when he finally did come out he hit a six immediately anyway. I'd be very surprised if he didn't bat 3 or 4 today.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm ya cricinfo's preview also has Moor at no. 4.
Ftr Moor's price just kept rising on Friday too, despite the TV graphic showing him at 4. He was up to 35/1 or something when the opening stand was finally broken.

So yeah. who knows what price another in-play bet might get Moor at, if I chose to let Hammy push the odds up for three or four overs. Probably best to take the bird in the hand too though

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
A killer whale has come along and released our 12/1 odds from its moorings....

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm surprised they haven't restricted your account to $20 bets tbh, like the NZ TAB did with me.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
If I was in charge of the Bangladesh T20 team then I'll personally have this XI by the time the Asia Cup starts: Tamim, Sarker, Sabbir, Mushfiqur, Shakib, Nasir, Mashrafe, Arafat, Al Amin, Mustafizur and Hider.
Nasir is awfully out of form for quite some time with the bat. Don't see him playing world T20s tbh after being dropped now. Would like to see Nurul Hasan making it to the side permanently. Tamim, Soumya, Shabbir, Mullah, Shakib, Mushy, Nurul, Mashrafe, Hider, Sunny (or Al Amin), Mustafiz