• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Fixing in the Ram Slam Tournament

91Jmay

International Coach
Given the lack of quality on display I am not sure how anyone could tell one of those matches was fixed. I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed watching cricket less than I did watching the Ram Slam.

wowitspink

Cricket Spectator
I wonder who the intermediary is...it would be best if they keep this under wraps, i.e. not to reveal the name.

I think there are 2-3 that come to mind, but I won't say who.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I wonder who the intermediary is...it would be best if they keep this under wraps, i.e. not to reveal the name.

I think there are 2-3 that come to mind, but I won't say who.
No they need to be transparent, no coverups.

Is the list of probables a long one? How many ex test cricketers are playing the ram slam?
It was apparently an intermediary so not one of those actually playing.

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
I say clean it up fast,name the person,put out the evidence,and confirm whether matches we're fixed or not.If not come clean on the player,because everyday something not is said the Ram Slam and Saffie domestic comp comes under question.Its bad enough you have got the transformation policy coming under scrutiny,as well as the poor performances by quota players.Better too be bloody awful than a fixer.

Niall

International Coach
Not playing a mod Marius, but its probably best not to speculate who it is until it is announced, its unlikely but its the type of thing that can get the site in bother and freaks the hell out of moderators, its a reasonably well known site as well.

Sorry mate, I want to speculate who it is as well, but the mods seem like a decent lot here, so best not to for now:ph34r:

Marius

International Debutant
Not playing a mod Marius, but its probably best not to speculate who it is until it is announced, its unlikely but its the type of thing that can get the site in bother and freaks the hell out of moderators, its a reasonably well known site as well.

Sorry mate, I want to speculate who it is as well, but the mods seem like a decent lot here, so best not to for now:ph34r:
Fair enough. I actually wondered whether I should put his name, will edit.

Stefan9

International Debutant
News 24 also claims its Bodi.

Gulam Bodi apparently the key figure in cricket match-fixing scandal - report
2016-01-14 11:49 SHARE THIS

Ahmed Areff, News24
Johannesburg - Former Proteas, Titans and Lions player Gulam Bodi is apparently a key figure in the investigation into the latest cricket match-fixing scandal, Netwerk24 has reported.

It reported that three sources had confirmed he was being investigated. It also said he had been provisionally suspended in December.

News24 has also independently confirmed that Bodi is being investigated.

It was previously reported that the "intermediary" in the ongoing Ram Slam T20 match-fixing case is a former Proteas player.

In mid-December 2015, Cricket South Africa (CSA) confirmed that its Anti-Corruption and Security Unit had charged a perpetrator - operating as an intermediary - under its Anti-Corruption Code for contriving to "fix, or otherwise improperly influence aspects of last year's tournament".

In addition, the "intermediary" was also charged with failing or refusing to co-operate with the investigation.

The tournament, which ran between November 1 and December 12 2015, was won by the Titans who beat the Dolphins by seven wickets in a one-sided final at SuperSport Park in Centurion.

CSA has remained tight-lipped over the identity of the individual to date, but according to respected cricket writer and commentator Neil Manthorp, the ringleader is a former national player - who is almost certain to face prison time for his actions.
Gulam Bodi apparently the key figure in cricket match-fixing scandal - report | Sport24

91Jmay

International Coach
So it is match or spot? Obviously spot is still awful but if it is match fixing that is some BPL level ****.