• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Match Fixing in the Ram Slam Tournament

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
So you only want good school boy lads? Life would be very dull with only those types. Great managers & captains can manage those types of personalities. If england had kp batting for them now instead of taylor they would be a much better team.

Would the aus team of the 1990/2000's have been anywhere as good if they cut warne because of his ridiculous behavior at times? They managed him instead.
KP for me was very different... for all the faults of Warne, Gibbs or many superstars they where still team players and most of the antics where off the field. This can be managed. KP`s attitude was one of entitlement, he would do what he wanted when he wanted and bugger the rest... he was not a team man and you cannot control that no matter how good a manager you are.

Stefan9

International Debutant
KP for me was very different... for all the faults of Warne, Gibbs or many superstars they where still team players and most of the antics where off the field. This can be managed. KP`s attitude was one of entitlement, he would do what he wanted when he wanted and bugger the rest... he was not a team man and you cannot control that no matter how good a manager you are.
He is no different to other sportsmen like cristiano ronaldo,zlatan ibrahimovic ,ect. The likes of ferguson,mourinho,ect were able to manage them fine, the weaker managers they have also had fell on their faces trying. So again its a management, the best managers can manage these type of the ego's the weaker captains/managers couldn't.

I will also point out fletcher and vaughan managed him fine as well. Also never heard an issue at the ipl sides or his 2 stints at the dolphins under ford & klusener.

Oduodu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sorry I was on this page:

SuperSport - Cricket

And found article with the following heading:

RAM to consider T20 sponsorship after fixing

But the short decription below it does turn it into a question and not a statement.

Sorry

cnerd123

likes this
I think we can add KP onto the list of things that, given enough time, every thread in CC would end up discussing.

Valer

First Class Debutant
If Ian ****ing Bell averaging 20s can play tests for England, KP can too. I wouldn't pick either of them though, obviously.
He would have been a better option than Ian Bell in the last 2 years.
Sure but if your going to have an under-performing player on your team, why not make it the one that doesn't cause other issues?

That aside I'd expect KP to have achieved more in the end of his career with a more accommodating management.