• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand - T20/ODI series - Jan 2016

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
3 T20s & 3 ODIs

Fri Jan 15 (20 ovs) 19:00 local (06:00 GMT)
1st T20I - New Zealand v Pakistan Eden Park, Auckland LIVE D/N

Sun Jan 17 (20 ovs) 19:00 local (06:00 GMT)
2nd T20I - New Zealand v Pakistan Seddon Park, Hamilton LIVE D/N

Fri Jan 22 (20 ovs) 19:00 local (06:00 GMT)
3rd T20I - New Zealand v Pakistan Westpac Stadium, Wellington LIVE D/N

Mon Jan 25 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d)
1st ODI - New Zealand v Pakistan Basin Reserve, Wellington LIVE

Thu Jan 28 (50 ovs) 14:00 local (01:00 GMT)
2nd ODI - New Zealand v Pakistan McLean Park, Napier LIVE D/N

Sun Jan 31 (50 ovs) 11:00 local (22:00 GMT -1d)
3rd ODI - New Zealand v Pakistan Eden Park, Auckland LIVE

Zinzan

NZ TAB odds as at today;

T20 series (only at this stage)

New Zealand $1.40
Pakistan $2.80

smash84

The Tiger King
NZ TAB odds as at today;

T20 series (only at this stage)

New Zealand $1.40
Pakistan $2.80
This might seem very obvious but can you explain what these numbers mean? Does it mean that if you bet a dollar on NZ winning you get 1.40 dollars?

Zinzan

You place $1 on NZ and you get $1.40 back... effectively 40 cents profit.

Zinzan

FFS bet365 is more generous than the TAB, both $1.40 on NZ yet bet365 $3 (vs $2.80) on Pakistan :mellow:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
FFS bet365 is more generous than the TAB, both $1.40 on NZ yet bet365 $3 (vs $2.80) on Pakistan :mellow:
They happily take NZD too without any conversion, Bet365. The only real reason to keep a NZ TAB account is for domestic stuff, or to get a small percentage of each bet donated to NZC.

Zinzan

I knew the TAB always had slimmer NZ winning odds based on emotional bets by their local punters, but didn't know they were overall more stingy than bet 365. Amazing what a bit of competition does huh.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So if somebody places a bet on both NZ and Pakistan then they can't lose money?
No, that'd be if both were 2.00 or above, because you need at least 2.00 on the bet that wins to get your money back that you lost on the other bet.

If I bet £1 on NZ at 1.40 and Pakistan at 2.80, and Pakistan win, then I get back £2.80 from the Pakistan bet but I spent £2 which gives me 80p profit. If NZ win then I get £1.40 but I lose money because I spent £2.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No, that'd be if both were 2.00 or above, because you need at least 2.00 on the bet that wins to get your money back that you lost on the other bet.

If I bet £1 on NZ at 1.40 and Pakistan at 2.80, and Pakistan win, then I get back £2.80 from the Pakistan bet but I spent £2 which gives me 80p profit. If NZ win then I get £1.40 but I lose money because I spent £2.
So you're saying I can't lose?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah there's no way to weight your two bets so it works, even on my one of $3.00 and $1.40.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I knew the TAB always had slimmer NZ winning odds based on emotional bets by their local punters, but didn't know they were overall more stingy than bet 365. Amazing what a bit of competition does huh.
TAB has slimmer odds because, as mentioned, some money does get returned to community organisations.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Nah there's no way to weight your two bets so it works, even on my one of $3.00 and $1.40.
Not technically true - you can bet on one team at $3 then wait for the market to shift and then get, say, $1.55 on the other team. Then if you bet right you can't lose.

smash84

The Tiger King

So you're saying I can't lose?
sorry howe, I still don't understand. As Athlai says are you saying i can't lose? I mean if you are putting $1 on Pak and $1 on NZ and Pak win then you essentially gain 80 cents [2.80 -1(money on nz) -1(money on pak)]? Correct? So you don't lose, right?