• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand - T20/ODI series - Jan 2016

smash84

The Tiger King
Smali, Athlai is just mocking you.

If you put $1 on NZ and Pak then if NZ wins you're losing $0.6

Take a simpler example: Put $1 on Pakistan and $2 on NZ. Now, regardless of the result you will always lose $0.2 (because your investment is $3 and you'll get back $2.8)
yep, i got it a bit later. Wasn't thinking it through. But thanks, this is a good explanation too.

thundaboult

International Debutant

Niall

International Coach
So far, gul, irrfan, aamir and a riaz attack sounds pretty dangerous on paper for this series. Lets see what they can dish up. Certainly seems a good practice for New Zealand before the banner return series against AUS. Might actually turn out to be a lot more than just practice as well.
Gul is an absolute punt to end all punts, massive gun back in the day, but been rubbish everytime he has been recalled for the international team recently.

I'd love him to come back somewhat near what he was though at his peak as he is great fun to watch when in the groove.

Last edited:

thundaboult

International Debutant
Gul is an absolute punt to end all punts, massive gun back in the day, but been rubbish everytime he has been recalled for the international team recently.

I'd love him to come back somewhat near what he was though at his peak as he is great fun to watch when in the groove.
Yeah I was just watching highlights of pakistan matches from the 2011 WC, gul's bowling mid 140's consistently and a constant threat to every player (except sehwag). Me as a NZ fan sure hope he stays the way he's been recently hahaha. But as a neutral, sad really.

smash84

The Tiger King
124 sounds right. I think pak will score 130 regardless of when they bat. Have to say am somewhat excited to see how the fixer bowls in international cricket after more than 5 years

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
124 sounds right. I think pak will score 130 regardless of when they bat. Have to say am somewhat excited to see how the fixer bowls in international cricket after more than 5 years
It's a Friday night, people are going to be tipsy after post-work drinks. He's going to cop a LOT of abuse. Won't be nice.

Flem274*

123/5
Not really. He's earned it more than the majority of opposition cricketers who receive a drunken eden park crowd

thierry henry

International Coach
Went out for dinner last night and walked in at the same time as Astle, Santner, and Henry. Matt Henry and Thierry Henry had a brief exchange outside the toilets as young Matt seemed confused by the fact that they were gender neutral and was only brave enough to open the door when I told him it was ok.

I'm happy to field any other questions about this intriguing encounter, including my thoughts on how tall they each are.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Went out for dinner last night and walked in at the same time as Astle, Santner, and Henry. Matt Henry and Thierry Henry had a brief exchange outside the toilets as young Matt seemed confused by the fact that they were gender neutral and was only brave enough to open the door when I told him it was ok.

I'm happy to field any other questions about this intriguing encounter, including my thoughts on how tall they each are.
I'm impressed at you not mentioning how tall they were immediately.

So tell us, how tall were they?

thierry henry

International Coach
Henry is definitely a good 6'1", question is whether he is a fraction more than that or not. In person he is much bigger built than Santner (not that that's saying much) and gives a deceptively short impression because he has stumpy proportions. He has an enormous head which tends to make him look shorter, something I hadn't noticed until I started looking at some photos of him and suddenly it's very apparent.

Santner is probably a fraction shy of 6'1", Henry was a little bit taller. As you can probably imagine, Santner gives the illusion of being tall because he is skinny as a rake. He has a very noticeably long neck and tiny head in person. He rocks a backwards cap to dinner and has the look of a douche-bro who gets the ladies by combining the douche-broness with fake nerdiness (definitely Vettori mark-2)

Despite being the closest to my height, Astle was the hardest to pin down. They were all wearing jandals and I had dress shoes on which made me roughly 6 foot, so about half way in between Santner/Henry and Astle. I was definitely taller than Astle in the dress shoes, but it was hard to tell whether we would be about the same height in equivalent footwear or whether I would still have him covered. I'm inclined to say he's 5'10" at best, maybe a bit less.

thierry henry

International Coach
My fandom of Matt Henry has irrationally increased after our brief interaction. I was impressed by his willingness to immediately engage me in conversation (obviously he DIDN'T think I was a creepy fanboy following him to the toilet) and his seemingly awkward, nervous but good-natured disposition.

Ok I think that's realistically about all I can squeeze out of this 2 minute interaction.