• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hansie movie

slippy888

International Captain
Do you guys know any site where i can watch this movie, hansie cronje was a very good player and some people would say south African legend he just make some mistakes in life.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Legend my ass, he brought shame to a whole nation and massive damage to crickets reputation in this country.

Not sure where you can watch the movie.

CapeTown Guy

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nononono just no. Hansie was a very average international batsman. Yes, he klapped Murali for a bunch of sixes and was our most effective player of spin at the time, but go and look at his record. Its shyte.

He was, however, regarded as a genius captain. However, when the chickens finally came to roost that myth has been disproven also. How did he know when to make these brilliant bowling changes or set the these fields? Because it was agreed upon beforehand!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Do you guys know any site where i can watch this movie, hansie cronje was a very good player and some people would say south African legend he just make some mistakes in life.

IIRC the film was produced by his brother, so it's well short of being objective.

Most reviews I read at the time said it was pretty poor, so you may be better off making other use of your time.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This thread prompted me to think about Hansie for the first time in years and google him

Reckon it's fair to say that he had serious issues (i.e. I'm no psychiatrist but he appears to have been a sociopath) and the reaction from some in SA is laughable

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
This thread prompted me to think about Hansie for the first time in years and google him

Reckon it's fair to say that he had serious issues (i.e. I'm no psychiatrist but he appears to have been a sociopath) and the reaction from some in SA is laughable
Why do you think he's a sociopath? A person carrying a sense of guilt for his wrongdoings is very common - that doesn't make one sociopath.

91Jmay

International Coach
His record is nothing special. Don't see how he comes in the same galaxy as the term 'legend'.

mr_mister

he is a legend - he isn't a sociopath.

he likes money guess what gents so do i

the speed at which he helped make South Africa a force in the international cricket world is remarkable - he was a great captain up until the match fixing stuff

Stefan9

International Debutant
he is a legend - he isn't a sociopath.

he likes money guess what gents so do i

the speed at which he helped make South Africa a force in the international cricket world is remarkable - he was a great captain up until the match fixing stuff
It must have been terribly hard captaining a side that had all rounders that allowed him to bat all the way to number 10.

As to making SA a force in international cricket, side was already competitive straight out of isolation. Wessels side drew in Aus and got to the world cup semi's. Its no like the side was the lowest of the low.

mr_mister

i know they came onto the scene firing, but he did have a terrific win % as captain. Also averaged a tick under 40 in ODIs which is quality for the '90s IMO

could have stood to make a few more test runs but whatever. and yes he had good players but so did nearly all the great captains.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Like calling Hitler's Jewish policy "misguided."

Yeah, I Godwin'd it but I don't care.

smash84

The Tiger King
Hansie was a pretty good captain. If he hadn't been captaining in the late 90s with a near GOAT cricket team beating everybody left right and center he deifinitely would have been the best captain of the decade. Sure he had a good side but he led them well too. You could see it in the body language of the team. He did seem to command respect as well (until the match fixing saga unfolded) and had an aura about him that made him reasonably likeable. Not to mention he was probably the best player of the slog sweep in the world after Steve Waugh.