• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

More important than the destination

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The journey to Tendulkar's retirement was long, drawn out, boring, and pretty embarrassing in places, but we got there in the end. Don't think I'd repeat the journey, but the destination is great.

cnerd123

likes this
The journey to Tendulkar's retirement was long, drawn out, boring, and pretty embarrassing in places, but we got there in the end. Don't think I'd repeat the journey, but the destination is great.
There's only one poster active on these forums at the moment who would bite at this, and I think even he would know better than to do that.

2/10 effort. Gotta try harder mate.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Was a bore for the best part of 4 days tbf.

Great finish though. Ashwin exposed himself as a selfish **** that day.
You're going to have to jog my memory, I'm 99% certain I watched this yet have no memory of the final day.

Without checking the scorecard, wasn't this the match where Tendulkar looked like he was on his way to his 100th before edging one on 70-something? Would explain why I was watching if so.

thierry henry

International Coach
I went to Days 2,3, and 5 of this test. Day 5 was a Tuesday and also happened to be my birthday. I was resigned to spending my birthday/a probable famous NZ test victory at work. Instead, my boss came into my office at about 10am and said that since he knew I was a keen cricket fan, I could take the rest of the day off and go to the game if I wanted.

I spent what was a pretty hot day absolutely sweating like a pig in a dress-shirt, pants and dress shoes. Given the nature of test cricket at Eden Park on a Tuesday, there was a pretty negligible crowd there (although as good an atmosphere as could be expected in the circumstances) so I had pretty good seats and actually, am quite possibly in that famous photo with all the men around the bat.

What I really wanted to say though was that at the time, that day of cricket pretty much ruined my birthday and had me thinking that it was just my luck- day off work, birthday, get to watch NZ win and of course we clutch a draw from the jaws of what should have been near-certain victory. It took a little bit of hindsight before I appreciated just what a great day's cricket I had experienced and what a great test I had been there to experience 3 days of.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You're going to have to jog my memory, I'm 99% certain I watched this yet have no memory of the final day.

Without checking the scorecard, wasn't this the match where Tendulkar looked like he was on his way to his 100th before edging one on 70-something? Would explain why I was watching if so.
This was one of the dullest "should have been exciting" games. It was a dead rubber.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Tendulkar edged to slip on 94. Would've been pretty awesome if he'd got it, being in Mumbai and all. Match was a boring high scorer until day 4 when west indies collapsed. India got the target down to 2 off the last ball with 2 wickets left. Ashwin could've run two but the **** hesitated in fear of getting runout and lowering his average. Selfish ****.