• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1009*

cnerd123

likes this
I kinda hate how much attention Cricinfo is giving this with all this new information coming to the surface tbh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Right so we now know a few things - 30 yard square leg boundary, 21 drop catches and 2 missed stumpings, massive age gap, balls not reaching the keeper, opposition consisting of at least a few 12 year olds who had just transitioned from tennis ball to leather ball cricket.

All this against a bloody good batsman.

It's still pretty amazing, but it's less cricket match and more exhibition. Something like the 48 hour net.

indiaholic

International Captain
Yep was still a lot of work.. The rest of his team mates had strike rates of "only" about a 100, no?

cnerd123

likes this
Genuine mistakes to the tune of 100 runs or so is pretty silly. I actually score regularly at club cricket and you'd have to be pretty incompetent to lose more than 10 runs over the course of a session; the way the numbers failed to tally up between days 1 and 2 is quite concerning.

I mean, all it needs to be is 10 runs off this to no longer be the first 4 digit score.

Daemon

Genuine mistakes to the tune of 100 runs or so is pretty silly. I actually score regularly at club cricket and you'd have to be pretty incompetent to lose more than 10 runs over the course of a session; the way the numbers failed to tally up between days 1 and 2 is quite concerning.

I mean, all it needs to be is 10 runs off this to no longer be the first 4 digit score.
spot the bench warmer :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
Man I've even been demoted down the batting order at times because I was too busy scoring to pad up. Life is so unfair sometimes.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

In the end it was probably a smart thing by the principal to make his team take the exams.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Can I go play soccer in the local U-15s C grade and claim the record for most goals scored in a match?*

nah, probably not good enough

vcs

Zaltzmann's a bit like a poor man's P.G. Wodehouse writing about cricket. I like him.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't understand why this 'feat' has attracted any attention whatsoever.
BCCI conspiracy to pinch all the old records - I expect in a few weeks time some unknown Indian will beat Richard Percival's 1880s record for throwing the cricket ball